Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Winter Fuel

JonJon68
10-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Wow, my gas mileage has dropped around 4 to 5 mpg.....Is Winter gas out already? It's going to be a long Winter...Bob, I'm going to try to send you some of this cold weather.

grandprixgtx00
10-29-2010, 07:09 PM
mine has dropped apx 2mpg. I hate winter gas...

BNaylor
10-29-2010, 07:45 PM
:lol:

Thanks Paul. We need it down here. Not the oxygenated gasoline though. Ours started Oct 1 and goes through March. :shakehead

IMO one of the main culprits for reduced fuel economy is the colder weather and longer engine warm up time.

grandprixgtx00
10-29-2010, 09:54 PM
longer engine warm up time.

thank god for remote start and attatched garages! :lol2:

doctorhrdware
10-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Thank God this will be the last winter up here. Moving down to Kentucky right at the Tennessee boarder. The property has 2 natural gas wells and one oil well. Free natural gas for life. I will be getting a natural gas generator that will run 24/7 so free electricity and during the winter can have the heat up high as I want it, and have the AC as low as I want during the summer.

tblake
10-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Sounds like gravy dr hardware!!! Good luck and enjoy!!!

In MN, the winter gas must be out too, my milage dropped from about 340 miles to a tank to 300 or so per tank.

BNaylor
10-30-2010, 08:53 AM
thank god for remote start and attatched garages! :lol2:

Amen brother. :grinyes:

I really don't see that much of a change in fuel economy when the gasoline changes. Probably cause not running the A/C as often so maybe it balances out. That Harrison V5 variable displacement compressor still causes a drop in mileage from what I can see speaking of which we still need the A/C down here.

doctorhrdware
10-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Amen brother. :grinyes:

I really don't see that much of a change in fuel economy when the gasoline changes. Probably cause not running the A/C as often so maybe it balances out. That Harrison V5 variable displacement compressor still causes a drop in mileage from what I can see speaking of which we still need the A/C down here.

BNaylor, you're a turd, must be nice to have to use the AC up here the overnight Temp here was in the 30s. But we are going to be close to the 60s today and tomorrow. So I guess it evens out in the end.

Yes it is here also, my mileage went down about 5 miles per gallon from what I was getting.

Tblake, I am looking forward to the easy life. Don't have to pay the 6 grand for property taxes. The property taxes down there is around $800 on 100 acres including the house.

JonJon68
10-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I have a remote start also and believe me, I've had to use it already...Even after my engine has warmed up and I reset my DIC I have still noticed a drop. I'm stuck up here so I'll just make some snow angels and throw snowballs and learn to love it......:banghead::

BNaylor
10-30-2010, 05:13 PM
BNaylor, you're a turd, must be nice to have to use the AC up here the overnight Temp here was in the 30s. But we are going to be close to the 60s today and tomorrow. So I guess it evens out in the end.

Yes it is here also, my mileage went down about 5 miles per gallon from what I was getting.

Tblake, I am looking forward to the easy life. Don't have to pay the 6 grand for property taxes. The property taxes down there is around $800 on 100 acres including the house.

I resemble that remark but I'm stuck here and a victim of my own circumstances, i.e. family, job and property, etc. Remember no matter I nice I make it sound living in the Southwest it is still desert and we're out in the middle of nowheres.

$6K for property taxes? Ouch! I pay a little over $4K annually. Anyone ever notice that your property taxes is proportional to the political party in power in your locality? For example the Demos run El Paso County. :twak: Or maybe it is just my imagination or political bias. :dunno:

Regardless of your political affiliation please get out to vote November 2.

rkvons
11-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Anyone ever notice that your property taxes is proportional to the political party in power in your locality?

Your property tax bill is directly proportional to the number of homes in forclosure. Expect it to go up.

BNaylor
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Your property tax bill is directly proportional to the number of homes in forclosure. Expect it to go up.

Probably a small percentage but not directly proportional yet. We don't have that many in foreclosure compared to the rest of the country. For example zero on my street and I don't see any in the neighborhood. Few houses for sale or rent but not in foreclosure. Speaking of property tax increase my property taxes just went up $40.00 a year effective Jan 1 so the County can fund a "social" program. :rolleyes:

Our property taxes are set by the taxing authorities such as the city, county, school district, community college and hospital district. The appraisal is based on the size and value of your real property which includes land, building/dwelling and improvements, if any. We have the highest property taxes in Texas which is ridiculous but understandable.

Sorry for going off-topic Paul. :uhoh:......:lol:

Add your comment to this topic!