Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blower motor resistor

sssadie
10-28-2010, 07:14 PM
I have a 2000 Grand Prix, GTP. Dual Climate control. The blower motor stopped working. I took it to the repair shop that I have used for years. They said the problem is my blower motor resistor ($334.06 Ouch!).
Does anyone have a diagram/picture of where the resistor is. I feel like a upside down pretzel (feet in the seat and head on the floor board) looking for it!

troy1
10-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Should be right next to the blower motor maybe on the back side i can't remember for sure I hope you didn't pay $334 for the resistor rockauto has them for $158 plus you can get 5% off of that.

BNaylor
10-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Is this a dual digital climate control or dual manual? The manual HVAC has a blower motor resistor and RPO code CJ2 ACC has a blower motor control module. Big difference in cost between the two parts.

Remove the blower motor and you will see the component on the firewall. Just follow the blower motor cable.

And welcome to AF.

GregGP
10-30-2010, 09:50 PM
And don't forget to take out the passenger seat! It's a LOT easier to get to the blower motor and resistor with the seat out of the way.

doctorhrdware
10-31-2010, 01:42 AM
And don't forget to take out the passenger seat! It's a LOT easier to get to the blower motor and resistor with the seat out of the way.

I second that too, since I have a real bad lower back it made it so much easier to remove and replace the blower motor resistor and the blower motor.

Add your comment to this topic!