Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlamp Aiming

proscroby
10-25-2010, 10:43 PM
I had the misfortune of having both lenses on my 98 GP fall off and I replaced one about three years ago and the other this past summer. I happened to park in the driveway with the garage door closed and noticed that the right lamp is way higher than the left one. Since both were replaced with used ones from the wrecker, I don't know which one, if either, is accurate. Can anyone tell me what the correct height should be and which screw is used to make the adjustment?

BNaylor
10-29-2010, 06:32 PM
I guess there were no takers on this one. Are you referring to the physical mounting of the headlamps on the header panel/front frame or adjustment of the beams?

proscroby
10-29-2010, 08:05 PM
I am referring to adjusting the beams.

BNaylor
10-29-2010, 08:23 PM
See the old thread (posts 3 and 4) below which should help. Aiming procedure and covers the star adjusters on the headlamp assemblies.

Click here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=928691&highlight=headlight+aiming)

proscroby
10-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Once again you have come to my rescue! I had to go to an industrial area to get the space (25') and a relatively flat surface but I think it worked. They look the same to me now. Thanks again Bob.

Add your comment to this topic!