IM FRUSTRATED!!!!!! 1999 Rodeo 3.2l

Stevenk75
10-24-2010, 10:22 PM
:banghead:My 1999 Rodeo 3.2l is frustrating me. For one i keep getting a p0300 multiple/random cylinder misfire. Changed plugs, checked coil packs checked compression and even replaced my fuel filter and check fuel pressure. All that is good. Still having CEL for p0300????? Secondly on start up the rpms at first go to about 1200rpms then drop to 0 back to 1200rpms then back to 0. If the car doesnt die it will eventually level out to about 300 to 400rpms which is way less then it is suppost to be. So far i have replaced the EGR valve, IAC, Temp sensor, MAF and the vacum controller for the EGR valve. Still nothing. Checked for leaks aroung the vaccuum lines including the intake gasket no aparent leaks. I can disconnect the IAC, MAF sensor, Temp sensor and there is no change to the rpms. Disconnecting these should either drop the rpms or kill the car. But it doesnt. So im thinking that it may be an ECU problem but im not sure. Anyone have any ideas??

Cat Fuzz
10-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Replace the IMG's. These are known for cracking. The crack is probably large enough to not be affected by carb cleaner or whatever you are using to check for leaks. Before that, though, a commonly missed check is checking for vacuum leaks at the vacuum brake booster. The grommet can crack creating a vacuum leak. The EGR valve is not vacuum operated, so I'm not sure what you are talking about there.

Stevenk75
10-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Im not sure about the vacuum controller, The parts store told me that it was part of the EGR vavle system. But you are right the EGR valve is controlled by the ECM. Not sure i will have to look into it.:shakehead

Cat Fuzz
10-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Im not sure about the vacuum controller, The parts store told me that it was part of the EGR vavle system. But you are right the EGR valve is controlled by the ECM. Not sure i will have to look into it.:shakehead

You have me interested in what exactly they sold you. Got a pic? I love stories of counter jockeys thinking they know cars just because they sell parts.

Stevenk75
10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
It is a EGR vacuum solenoid

Cat Fuzz
10-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Hmm, no such part for a 99. Could it have been this?

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=BOR&MfrPartNumber=CP313

Stevenk75
10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Thats it, Advanced auto parts is calling it something diffrent.

Add your comment to this topic!