Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help.. wont start 96 sunfire

racerxj2
10-22-2010, 09:15 PM
replaced fuel injector o rings an did a brake job today on a 96 sunfire.. put all sensors an everything back into place but made a mistake an accidently left the spark plug wires off while tryin to start..flooded engine.. let sit an took out relay.. got it to start until all fuel was out of engine.. put relay back in an now it looks like im gettin to much fuel... any help will be appreciated.. possibly fuel pressure regulator ?? faulty relay?

danielsatur
10-22-2010, 09:21 PM
What makes you think, it's getting too much fuel!
1) Turn the key to the on pos, but don't start engine, the fuel regulator will turn the fuel pump off, after a few seconds.

racerxj2
10-23-2010, 01:59 AM
it feels like that its getting to much fuel an not allowing it to start plus its pushing it out the exhaust manifold..

danielsatur
10-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Is the fuel regulator connected?

Helmuth48
10-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Not sure if this is your problem...but I tried to replace my o-rings on my injectors..'96 2.2 Used GM, Aftermarket...and they all leaked, sometime outside the engine and worse..inside the engine...dumping fuel into the cylinders...I finally had to replace all of them...with NEW injectors...about 75.00 each !!!!!!
Some people told me they replace them NO issue....but NO not me !!!!

danielsatur
10-23-2010, 04:10 PM
A local diesel shop could micro bath, clean, test the flow rate, and put new
injector seals for $20 each.

The fuel regular wouldn't not stop, because of the fuel leaks.

Add your comment to this topic!