Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone know of a good repair manual?

unboundmind
10-21-2010, 01:05 AM
maybe close to free online. i was given the link to a service manual for my toyota and just was wondering if there was one for the mazda 3i. thanks!

Flash75
10-27-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't know of a source, I found mine on eBay. It wasn't cheap but it was about 1/2 the cost of ordering through Mazda.

Clifton

unboundmind
10-28-2010, 03:07 AM
thanks clifton. what is the name of the manual you ended up with and aare you happy with it?

Flash75
10-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Mazda3 Mazdaspeed3 2008 workshop manual. It's OK but they assume you
are already a trained mechanic. To my knowledge there are no aftermarket
printed manuals. I wish Haynes would print one.

You can buy All Data technical service by the year. It's supposed to be based
on manufacturer's publications. I have never tried it so I cannot say if it's good.
http://www.alldatadiy.com/

Clifton

mrtinker
07-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Thought I'd revive this thread to see if anyone knows if there's a good aftermarket manual out there yet for the Mazda 3 (mine is 2007')

I'm pretty sure its straight forward but I need to change the trany oil and am considering doing it myself this time.

Thanks! :runaround:

Flash75
07-17-2011, 07:39 PM
I did a search and Haynes has recently published a Mazda 3 repair manual. It covers 2004 to 2011 models. Here is a link to Haynes.

http://www.haynes.com/repairmanuals/mazda/3

It lists for $24.95 plus shipping if you order from them. I found some on eBay for a little less but
they want over $8 for shopping. Try ordering through Advance, O'Reilly, or Autozone.

Clifton

OttawaTech
09-10-2011, 04:37 AM
A Haynes manual is limited in scope and a professional manual is not cheap. These vehicles are pretty simple to work on for the basics but in order to do the more major things like pulling the head you need a lot of specialty tools to do the job right. Most of the time if you feel a little questionable you can find an instructable on line with pics by doing a search. I'm licensed and I still do that sometimes because the pics are often better than the manual for hard to see/reach parts.

Add your comment to this topic!