Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blower motor and Sway bar Bushings

Bunky1267
10-17-2010, 08:22 PM
I have a 94 Olds Silhoutte (sorry got no resonses in the old forum) I need to replace the sway bar bushings on the lower control arms, the replacements I got are just the rubber bushings, and when I took the originals off the bushings were molded into the straps, Do I need to buy new straps or different Bushings with the straps..

Also my blower motor went bad, (press on type fan) and the replacement I bought doesn't have the hole in the side of the motor, do I need to get a different blower motor or was this hole eliminated ?

LMP
10-18-2010, 05:59 PM
..WEll...Silhouette, APV, Transport.....all the same. Hole:...you mean that hole that carries some air to cool the motor ?......WEll, it was not enough anyway to keep the motor from frying on HIGH. Bottom line: HIGH is for short bursts only.....it draws 25 amps....lots of heat. Continuous operation only on 2nd highest setting.

LMP
10-19-2010, 07:48 AM
About the rubber bushings..ROck AUto's catalog shows them already molded to shape....but if they fit in place, I'd use the existing metal straps....the rubber will take the shape....

Add your comment to this topic!