Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

VW Beetle just for girls?

piyush1
10-15-2010, 06:53 AM
VW Beetle just for girls?

Is it uncool for a guy to drive a VW Beetle?

65comet
10-15-2010, 11:31 AM
It is rated the number 1 chic car. I think if it is black or dark blue and has spoilers, a guy can get away with driving it.

Franco2112
10-16-2010, 12:36 PM
I have a white 2000 GLS 2.0 with chrome rims, spoiler with third light and a Magna Flow performance exhaust with a Pioneer amp and 8 inch woofer that thumps. People hear me coming and go that's a cool car. So yes, a guy can drive this car without any flack of it being a chick car. If you buy it stock and drive it that way, some may see it as a chick car. The New, New Beetle coming out in 2012 is suppose to get rid of the chick car image. The New, New Beetle to me looks more like the old VW Thing than a New, New Beetle. Hope this helps!

65comet
10-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Sorry Franco, I see so few white I forget about it. Basically any of the pastel colors and no exterior accessories will rate it zero in the testosterone range. And if the flower holder has a flower in it, a guy should hang his head in shame. At least I kid one of the guys at work when he borrows his mother-in-laws pastel green with the flower when his car is in the shop. Why he doesn't take the fake flower and put it in the glove box until he returns it, I'll never know. With all the grief I give him, you think he would.

veedubmechanic
03-29-2011, 08:17 PM
My wife won't even lt me buy a beetle turbo s.....

ChaseMark
03-30-2011, 04:25 AM
You would have to really pimp it out for it not to be a chick car. Maybe a Beetle Convertible could work for a guy. It would have to be a dark color.

702VegasLife
03-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Like everyone else, Yes i'd say it was a girl car, but you can always do things to make the car less girly like also suggested. Shit I'd mob a turbo bug, Build the internals, throw a bigger turbo on it. It be a sleeper no one expects.

CMauro_75
04-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Generally speaking yes. But if you get a black or gray one with super dark tint on the windows they can look pretty cool. Plus, the turbo is pretty fun to drive. I have seen a few driving around with some aftermarket mods too. Maybe get a spoiler or bodykit to throw some testosterone at it. Mercedes Benz Auto Repair Hillsboro Oregon (http://dangeloautosales.com/auto-repair-service/)

Porschedrkr
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Vw initially made the beetle to be a car for both genders but it eventually became a chick car. Volkswagon recently released pictures of their new 2012 beetle that will be more manly. It has A 2.5 liter l5 getting 177 horsepower. You can get a 5 speed manual or a six speed Tiptronic. You can also get a 2.0-liter turbocharged I4 which produces 200hp and 207 lb-ft of torque. Also the interior is completely changed. The base price is $18,995. the six-speed raises the price up to $23,395 and $24,495 with DSG

Add your comment to this topic!