Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What is the perfect track day car?

artx1077
10-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Help Help Help! I have this wonderful idea of inserting a full cosworth vq35 into a S2000. The engine only weighs 318lbs. Even in full gear. It won't disturb the balance of the car. Tons of low end grunt and durability. Am I crazy or does the notion of a naturally aspirated S2000 with over 400 horses get you going too? The cosworth VQ35 has the piston speed of an F1 car. I believe this will be the ultimate 25,000 dollar track day racer. Am I wrong?

BullShifter
10-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Or just buy a used Lotus Exige

kris
10-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Learn how to drive first. Use that wasted money on driving lessons.

artx1077
10-24-2010, 08:07 PM
First of all you don't know me so you have no clue what my abilities behind the wheel are. I had no idea that people on here were so rude. Second there is no way you can buy a Lotus Exige for 25,000 dollars let alone one that will have that much low end grunt. What I really wanted was technical data on the ability to do the engine swap or if there was something in the same price range with the same capabilities. Thanks for the help guys.

kris
10-28-2010, 08:03 PM
First of all you don't know me so you have no clue what my abilities behind the wheel are. I had no idea that people on here were so rude. Second there is no way you can buy a Lotus Exige for 25,000 dollars let alone one that will have that much low end grunt. What I really wanted was technical data on the ability to do the engine swap or if there was something in the same price range with the same capabilities. Thanks for the help guys.

You're right. :shakehead

But if you knew how to drive, you would not be concerned with the "no torque" cry which was old a decade ago.

There are countless examples of S2000's outperforming cars with more base torque than them.

So again, if you are having issues at the track that you perceive are due to lack of torque, invest in more wheel time.

Add your comment to this topic!