Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Taurus 3.0 OHV Little to NO HEAT with a Newborn baby

rteas48183
10-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Ok i got a 2002 Taurus with the 3.0 OHV heat and A/C were working fine 2 weeks ago, with no temperature problems at all. Well last weekend we had a cold snap. I started the car up 20 minutes before we left out, got to where we were going and realized that the heat was very weak temp, and the temp gauge on the car was barely off of cold. So i cut the heat off, then the guage went to buried cold. So i got the thermostat and fluid changed by the "pros" which did help with the cars temperature, but my heat inside is still a very weak temperature. What else could be the issue??? i was hoping the t-stat was stuck open, which seems to have been part of the problem, but i need to have this thing fixed 100% Please any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know where to buy those little 12V Plug in Heaters???? j/k

shorod
10-14-2010, 09:12 PM
The heater cores are known to get restricted with junk in several years of Taurus. You can backflow the heater core which will probably get you good heat for this winter. There is also a ground strap kit that you can install to reduce the chance of future corrosion/restrictions.

-Rod

bigbadtrucker
10-24-2010, 09:36 AM
taurus has a bad problem of the heater core getting clogged with rust and debris, you can flush the core but the question you should ask is where did the stuff come from. most likely the water pump, at 100,000 miles or so the fins on the water pump rust off and reduce circulation of coolamt and the rust and debris clogs the heater core. i have worked on alot of these cars and that is usually the problem. so if you change your heater core you should also put a water pump in because it will save you alot off headache and more than likely your engine for just alittle more work

Add your comment to this topic!