Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Metro AC/Heater Blower Switch....need one

GeoRandy
10-13-2010, 06:32 PM
My switch is bad. I took it out and looked at it and cleaned it up and put it back in. The lever slides smoothly without stopping at the desired speed. Contact is made but the switch likes to pop up out of the assembly. I could use zip ties to keep it in, but like I said, it doesn't work properly anyway. I have looked everywhere in the searches and used parts links on the Geo Forum but can't find one.

Can anyone steer me to a blower switch that I can put in my Geo Metro '97, 1.0L, 3 cyl., base model with std. trans.?

Thanks,
GeoRandy

I need the switch/cover that is at the top of the picture, It pops in above the lever and is help by the 4 little clip rectangular holes coming up from the assembly.

Stole the picture from a different thread that DOCTORBILL had posted. Thanks DOCTORBILL. :D

Inside the switch there is a small spring and ball bearing about the size of a bb that causes the switch to "click". Spring and ball disappeared long ago. -- From a different thread. Does the spring and ball bearing come with the switch or is that a serarate item? Anybody know?

HannabilRox
10-25-2010, 04:33 PM
There are ( 4 ) Pick-N-Pull salvage yards in the Dallas / Fort Worth area stocked with Metro's. There also is a U-Pull It in San Antonio. Not sure how close these are for you. Here is the weblink for Pick-N-Pull / U-Pull-It. You can check current inventory of cars now online here:

http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.aspx

carpenter_jai
10-30-2010, 09:20 PM
If you do decide to pull a blower switch apart, be aware of the spring and ball bearing. You'll have a b**** time getting that back together. Try a little grease or vaseline to hold the bearing where you want it. Without the bearing, the switch will glide through the settings and won't easily land on the stops.

Jai

GeoRandy
01-27-2011, 02:02 PM
If you do decide to pull a blower switch apart, be aware of the spring and ball bearing. You'll have a b**** time getting that back together. Try a little grease or vaseline to hold the bearing where you want it. Without the bearing, the switch will glide through the settings and won't easily land on the stops.

Jai
You mean, like it does now. :) I had already lost it before your advice.:frown: It doesn't bother me, the blower is still adjustable.
Thanks for the advice anyway. Next time I'll know, and who knows, maybe I'll fix it.

Add your comment to this topic!