wheel bearings under warranty????

smitsz1
10-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows if the "front wheel bearings" on a 05 ram 1500 4x4 are covered under the 5 yr. "powertrain warranty" or not since it is part of the 4wd drive assembly??? Isn't It???
I know the rear bearings in the rear diff. are as myn were just replaced by dealer. I also know that the rear clutch discs are because myn were just replaced 2 months ago by dealer. All of this and with only 40,000 miles on the truck! Rear differential torn apart twice in 2 months....Little frustrating.....
Thanks....

Chris Stewart
10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Wow, sorry about the trouble you're having. I don't know the answer to your question but the Owner's manual in the glovebox may shed a little light on it.

smitsz1
10-12-2010, 11:17 AM
The owners manual is absolutely useless. It only states powertrain components. with headings FWD, RWD, AWD and 4WD but does not "list" any of actual components like bearings....

Chris Stewart
10-13-2010, 08:46 AM
I checked the Service Manual and of course there's no mention of warranty.
I didn't see anything on the web although I only checked 5 pages...you might look further.

inafogg
10-13-2010, 03:08 PM
i believe they would be a covered part ''hub bearing''
if the power train warranty is 5yr/50k
your under the mileage dont know about the time
even if you are out by time the dealer could/should make
an exception because of all the trouble you've had
if not ask to speak with the dealers rep

smitsz1
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks guys for the response. I called a local dodge dealer and he told me "NO" it is not covered...I said is it not part of the front differential and his reply was "not part of the powertain". Rear bearings are covered in the differential yet front ones are not? How does this make sense???
I also just found out that my drivers side lower ball joint needs to be replaced (found this out when I took it in for the mechanic to look at suspected bearing noise.) The mechanic showed me their is play in both the Lower and Upper ball joint on the drivers side. I don't even know how this is possible with such low mileage!!!!!!Unbelievable....I am going to the local dodge dealer to complain. I could see if the truck had 100,000 miles but 40,000 miles!!!!No Way.

Chris Stewart
10-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Your local dealer might be a genuine stealer, call another dealer without mentioning any other dealer's response.

Add your comment to this topic!