Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Manuel transmission troubles

Mine999
10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I recently bought an 01' SC2. Has a brand new clutch and trans. Today I was driving around and a had a funny shift (I woulda laughed at me had I seen it from a dif. perspective) After the fact It is extremely hard to get into gear, namely first. I drove it a bit longer to find out it is as if my clutch is not working at all. I have no idea what could have happened or why it is doing this now. There are less than 1000 miles on the new tranny and clutch.

Ruley73
10-12-2010, 09:04 AM
I recently bought an 01' SC2. Has a brand new clutch and trans. Today I was driving around and a had a funny shift (I woulda laughed at me had I seen it from a dif. perspective) After the fact It is extremely hard to get into gear, namely first. I drove it a bit longer to find out it is as if my clutch is not working at all. I have no idea what could have happened or why it is doing this now. There are less than 1000 miles on the new tranny and clutch.

Were the hydraulics (clutch slave/master cylinder) reused or replaced? Why was the trans replaced? A manual trans rarely needs any work.

Mine999
10-13-2010, 10:56 PM
The trans was replaced because the guy parked it in a ditch and cracked a hole in the tranny. The owner of a shop bought it off him and replaced the tranny, clutch, & struts. I talked to him, cuz he guarantees his work for 12 months, and he said he never touched the hydrolic system. Anyway...I put more fluid in the hydrolic system and it worked perfect for the last couple days but today it is starting to get difficult to put it into gear. Is it possible I popped something in the master to slave system and its getting air? the fluid doesnt seem to have gone down but I checked it in the dark and couldnt see the markings so yeah. I have yet to see anything leaking from the system. Any input is helpfull. Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!