Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dealer discounts

rider25
10-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Do dealers give discounts if buying a new car (ie 2011) in full-upfront?? I'm looking into buying a challenger/camaro/or shelby but i really dont want to pay monthly- and I'm trying to get as much info before they try to double talk me.

Ray paulsen
10-12-2010, 08:56 PM
All dealers will give discounts, cash or finance.

Your first step should be to investigate if any Mfg incentives are in place for any of your choices " homework " followed by test drives, when you find the vehicle of choice, you simply walk away from the double talk and post your vehicle of choice in this thread, and I will help you along with step 2.

rider25
10-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm not quite sure what kind of car...but I was looking at the camaro ss...and i the dealers said they would get rid of the finance charges if i paid in cash...which to me seems redundant..but they already pre-approved me for a line of credit which annoys me..bc i didn't give them my credit info to do that..so i'm looking into some other form of buying like ebay...and they have some cool cars like an exige and viper...that aren't that expensive compared to a dealer...what do you think??

Shpuker
10-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Buying off Ebay is pretty sketchy, I'd try finding a different dealer first off, see if they take a better approach with you. Or you could always buy used directly from an owner. Save some cash on all the dealer fee crap and you might find someone willing to deal.

Add your comment to this topic!