Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dual Zone climate contol issue

capnrus789
10-11-2010, 07:13 AM
My A/C seems to be stuck on for the driver side. The temperature side changes with no problems, blows how when the temp is craked up, blows cold when I set the temp low. The drivers side is always cold. After reading the forum and tryign the battery disconnect trick, I htink I probably have a bad driver side belnd door actuator. I'm wondering how difficult it's goign to be to replace this myself? I've never pulled dash trim off before, only a door panel. I don't want to break something.

How hard is this? Where can I find instructions to remove the necessary dash pieces to get at this thing?

Drgsxr750
10-15-2010, 10:27 PM
I have the same problem in a 98 Regal Gs. Where is the drivers side? I think I found the passengers side behind the glove box but I can't seem to find the drivers.....

capnrus789
10-18-2010, 08:00 AM
I pulled off the lower kick panel, there was just 2 plastic tabs holding it in. I had to climb under the steering wheel and with a flashlight I was able to see it. It's pretty high up there. No idea how I would ever remove it without tearing up the whole dash, though. Check the parts websites for a pic of it,you should be able to identify it. I'm going to shop around for a shop to do it. It's my only car and I can't afford to screw it up, especially with a Chicago winter around the corner.

Add your comment to this topic!