Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dome light will not come on.

SmithN1986
10-04-2010, 07:16 AM
I noticed recently that when i unlock my car and open the doors (also, once i shut off the car) that the dome lights no longer automatically come on like they used to. the lights themselves work, but i have to manually turn them on, so i know its not a burnt out bulb. Now that i live in germany, there are very few people that know anything about pontiacs, and i just cant afford an expensive bill for something that seems so trivial. I leave for work at 6:30am, and it is still as dark as midnight, and i cant see a thing in my car. can anyone tell me how to fix this problem myself? :banghead:

and1732
08-20-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm having the same trouble. I'm able to manually turn the dome light on and off however the auto feature isnt working. Interested in some feedback too...

Tech II
08-21-2011, 01:40 PM
The dome doesn't come on, but do the footwell lights come on or the door panel lights, or the mirror light?

gmtech1
08-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Don't know excatly what kind of vehicle you a working on. Does the vehicle have a interior lamp bypass switch on the dash that will prevent the lights from coming on when the doors are open? I know some do and some don't.

Tech II
08-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately, I'm thinking BCM.....

Add your comment to this topic!