2000 Rodeo Spark Plugs

VinceH
09-29-2010, 06:35 PM
All,
So I just got my Denso plugs delivered and before I begin the task of changing them out, I have a couple of questions even though I have read many of the post related to this one the site:
1, Does the coil and the tub come out as one piece?
2, If they do not can the tub be put back into place on the coil pack and reinstalled or is it best to purchase a new coil pack?
Thanks

danielsatur
09-29-2010, 07:27 PM
1) Disconnect the signal wire going to the COP.
2) Take the screw out holding the COP.
3) Pull the COP straight up.
4) Visual inspect plug + COP for water or oil contamination, this could cause a misfire.

Only replace COP's as needed.

VinceH
09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the reply but that didn't answer either of my questions...
Does anyone know :
2, If they do not can the tub be put back into place on the coil pack and reinstalled or is it best to purchase a new coil pack?
Thanks

amigo-2k
09-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the reply but that didn't answer either of my questions...
Does anyone know :
Thanks

it is a 2 piece unit but they typically come out as one.

You can use the coil pack until you get a check engine light that will let you know which coil is bad. If the coil pack pops off you can just push it back on and if it doesn't stay, when you screw it bad down it will be fine.

VinceH
09-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Perfect, thank you.

VinceH
09-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Usually how long do the coil packs last? I have almost 150k miles on them now. Interesting that the CEL will tell you which one goes bad.

amigo-2k
09-30-2010, 06:36 PM
In the ten years I've been reading Isuzu sites I can only remember a couple of posts about bad coils (but that didn't stop me from buying 3 used ones 5 yrs ago).

I would bet you can easily get 250k out of them.

Cat Fuzz
10-01-2010, 05:03 AM
Coils are pretty reliable and rarely fail. Pretty much sealed copper wire windings surrounding an iron core. Not much can happen to make them go bad unless there is a break in the insulation and something inside corrodes.

Add your comment to this topic!