Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Camry, Power Window Stuck Up

ice745
09-29-2010, 12:24 AM
I have a 1994 Toyota Camry sedan with power windows.

The past few days the driver's side motor has been a little weak, and often would get stuck in the middle. I would free it by grabbing the top of the window, pulling it up slightly, then pushing it back down. However, now the window is stuck all the way up.. so it's not possible for me to free it this way anymore.

I took the door panel off and did some DMM readings. I am 100% certain that the switches are working, and that power is being delivered to the motor. However, the motor makes no attempt to move at all. There's no hum, buzz or motion of any kind. Additionally there's no dimming of any lights as there is when the other three windows operate.

I was trying to figure out how to replace the motor and/or regulator, and all the instructions I can find require you to take the window glass out... which requires the window to be down. Any tips on how I should approach this problem would be greatly appreciated. I have already tried to attach power from an external source directly to the motor's harness with no luck.

Brian R.
09-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Remove the motor first and then the regulator will retract.

Add your comment to this topic!