02 Alero w/ 2.2 Ecotec Transmission Mount

baron1701
09-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi, how do you replace the Passenger side Transmission Mount? I have done the upper Drivers and the Passenger lower rear bit I am scratching my head looking at the main transmission mount. The mount goes into the wheel well and I dont see a way to remove it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

My alero has 193k and has been experiencing terrible vibrations for the last 50k or so that got a lot worse as time went by. I narrowed it down to the mounts. After doing two of them there is a huge difference.

tblake
10-07-2010, 05:30 PM
If we are thinking of the same one, there are bolts accessable inside the wheel well with a long 3/8 extension. While its off it may not be a bad idea to change the belt.

baron1701
10-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Ok, very easy to do. I only had to put the car on a jack and pull the tire to figure it out. I think I way over thought this one. Be carefull with the top right bolt as it hits the brake lines while pulling out. I found that the geared 18mm wrench (one with socket like action) was the only way to get the top out from the bottom. It wasnt until I was done and checking the vibration with the new mount that I figured out how to really do it right.

If you pull the air box out there is a ton of room and its very easy from the top.

Add your comment to this topic!