Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New arrivals today!

flyonthewall
05-20-2003, 07:08 AM
From a trade with VTEC-DA9 - highly recommended BTW, check classifieds thread for his remaining kits (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=936523#post936523) for sale.

You can never have too many GTR's:D The main one for me though is the Garage Mak Silvia - nice kit, the resin parts are nicely molded, the sides actually fit better than some of fujimi's plastic add-ons. The front's fit is good but the rear will require some work as there seems to be a fair amount of shrinkage with the resin.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/2037601.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/8488372.jpg

tonioseven
05-20-2003, 09:04 AM
So that's why he couldn't sell it to me! I'm just glad to know it went to a good home!:cool: ;)

VTEC-DA9
05-20-2003, 09:56 AM
Chris,

You got the sides off, how? Cool, hope you enjoy the building the Silvia and the other ones. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the new goodies to add to my own To Do list. Good luck with the Silvia, I noticed the same fitment issues you described and didn't know how to tackle it.

OPM
05-20-2003, 10:18 AM
damn i want taht garage mak silvia...

how many gtr's you own now chris?:D

flyonthewall
05-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by VTEC-DA9
Chris,

You got the sides off, how? Cool, hope you enjoy the building the Silvia and the other ones. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the new goodies to add to my own To Do list. Good luck with the Silvia, I noticed the same fitment issues you described and didn't know how to tackle it.

One had already fallen off, the other came off with little effort. Superglue isn't always that super, it just bonds the surface together and if those surfaces aren't preped correctly the adhesion won't be so good.

Originally posted by OPM

how many gtr's you own now chris?:D

3 and i need a couple more:D

OPM
05-20-2003, 11:06 AM
same here...need 2 more r34:D

got one r32,33 and one 34:D

blueboost
05-20-2003, 11:20 AM
man you need to offer that kit in the SAS inventory!! any chance we will be seeing a silvia kit from you in the future? is it possible for me to order a resin bodykit like that somewhere or are they not available anywhere?

lotus_man
05-20-2003, 01:32 PM
You are luck with the quality of the Garage Mak car... I'm doing the Garage Defend version at the moment and the quality of the resin is very poor. Had to cut the skirts in to bits and stretch them by abou 5mm in total to get them to fit, and they had 'banana'ed' when they were cast. Looks like yours is much better...

primera man
05-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Great buys there mate :cool:

Camber
05-20-2003, 02:40 PM
YES YES YES!!! YOU MUST MAKE RESIN COPIES OF THAT S15!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASEEEEE?!?!!?

tonioseven
05-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Camber
YES YES YES!!! YOU MUST MAKE RESIN COPIES OF THAT S15!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASEEEEE?!?!!? Hmmm...I'm going out on a limb, but I kinda think Camber wants one of these Silvia kits!:eek:

Camber
05-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by tonioseven
Hmmm...I'm going out on a limb, but I kinda think Camber wants one of these Silvia kits!:eek:

Yes, I very much would, I meant just the bumpers. would they work on the stock s15, such as the one you(tonio) sent me? Its the Spec R one.

tonioseven
05-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Camber

Yes, I very much would, I meant just the bumpers. would they work on the stock s15, such as the one you(tonio) sent me? Its the Spec R one. I believe so as all the basic Fujimi Silvia kit parts are the same; anyone care to help me on this one?:confused: :)

Camber
05-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by tonioseven
I believe so as all the basic Fujimi Silvia kit parts are the same; anyone care to help me on this one?:confused: :)

Agreed. Its gotta be the same stock S15 body, just different bumpers.

RyanGiorgio
05-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Ugghghhh. I envy that kit. Must steal kit from chris...

I have seen few of those. I hope you can copy the kit. That'd be cool. What are your plans for the R34?

Rtuned
05-20-2003, 03:13 PM
All S15 with Resin body kits come with orginal S15 kits. Most of basic parts are included, so you have extra bumpers. Only different is they throw in the resin parts and a white metal GT-wing.:D

AE86 Kid
05-20-2003, 04:10 PM
what brand is the silvia it looks awsome!!

Add your comment to this topic!