Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can't get CD out of player

pkrieter
09-26-2010, 04:25 PM
I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty and I just got it and I tried to test the cd player and the cd player wouldn't take the cd. When I pushed the cd in it must have unjammed the other cd because now it"s playing the old cd but it doesn't even try to eject when I push the button.

splumer
01-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Well, is it a good CD? If it's, say Celine Dion, you might want to just put a bullet through it. Just kidding.

I also had this happen to me in an aftermarket CD player and a stock Ford one. In both cases, disconnecting the battery (or the power from the back of the unit) reset the CD player and I was able to eject the CD. In the Ford, I had Rush's Snake & Arrows stuck in there. I know every note of every song on that disc!

splumer
02-21-2011, 08:44 AM
I like to listen music during drive, so i fix CD player in my car. but before one week i got problem with it that i can not get CD out from the media player. i try many time but i was unsuccessful over there. so could you please help me? i would like to say thanks in advance.

Like I said, try disconnecting the battery, wait five minutes, then reconnect it, then try to eject the disc. Also, depending on the model, there may be a reset button that might get the player to eject the disc.

danielsatur
02-21-2011, 11:41 AM
You might consider a new system with a USB, and Aux ports.
A Motorola droid x with Radio Tune in Apps, GPS, playlist, and phone is so much better!

Who needs CD's and Siri ?
You can also put alot of music on Flash/Thumb drives.

splumer
02-21-2011, 01:17 PM
You might consider a new system with a USB, and Aux ports.
A Motorola droid x with Radio Tune in Apps, GPS, playlist, and phone is so much better!

Who needs CD's and Siri ?
You can also put alot of music on Flash/Thumb drives.

CD's are far better quality than mp3's and the like. Yeah, you can pack more music on flash drives, but at a distinct loss of quality.

danielsatur
02-21-2011, 01:46 PM
The problem with CD's in the Auto, it's just too easy to mishandle them, there so much better for home entertainment.

The cassette tape is housed in plastic case and lasted years of abuse in the American automobile.

I can picture 70's, 80's, 90's already loaded on flash drives!

cdesi40
06-19-2011, 01:45 AM
I had the same problem with my 2006 Chevy Malibu. My CD got stuck and I tried ejecting button only to hear a clicking sound and no disk message. My solution was to use a flat small screw driver. The opening to the CD has a dust cover and behind is a silver tab preventing loading another CD. I gentle worked the silver tab down then I press the ejecting button and my CD ejected without no problem. I did a reset by removing the fuse, but that didn't do anything except reset my clock. Hope this helps all that has a CD stuck in their CD players.

PaulD
06-19-2011, 03:19 PM
different cd players will have different symptoms and fixes, just gotta do whatever works.

jackpercy57
08-15-2011, 10:48 PM
My CD got stuck and I tried ejecting button only to hear a clicking sound and no disk message.

alinpion
08-19-2011, 01:23 AM
My CD got stuck and I tried ejecting button only to hear a clicking sound and no disk message.

It happend to me once and I had to take out the CD player, and only after I opened it (almost 8 or 10 screw's) I could get the CD out. My advice to you to try my method only if something else faild.

melvishostello
09-12-2011, 10:27 AM
I know this probably isn't the best way but I got so frustrated with a stuck CD in my CD player once that I used a paper clip to fish it out. It took a while and my CD was scratched up but I managed to get that sob out.:iceslolan

driveraven
09-17-2011, 10:43 PM
If you can cut the power to the cd player, and then reconnect the power they usually spit out whatever is in there.

lectraplayer
10-19-2011, 12:50 PM
CD's do seem to hang up in cd players a lot. It seems like they would come up with a better design like the tray or top'o'dash style. Top-loading designs don't seem to jam as bad, neither does the tray.

ashusood
11-19-2011, 03:33 AM
there are little pin size space below the cd eject button insert pin in it and rotate pin it may helpful to eject disk

randsin
01-12-2012, 11:24 AM
there are little pin size space below the cd eject button insert pin in it and rotate pin it may helpful to eject disk

This is not the case with every make. Perhaps cutting the power and connecting is the best option to try and if that fails then you need a screw driver

93CougarXR7SE
01-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Then again, it has been over a year. I bet he's figured it out or given up by now.

shahbaz
05-23-2013, 09:14 AM
you should power off and wait a moment and then plug in it will help you to eject CD and if it will not work the you have to must repair it

Add your comment to this topic!