Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Misc parts source

NJMZ
09-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi
I need to buy the hinged bracket for the gas filler door for a 94 740IL. Does anyone know a source that may sell these.........hate to pay the dealer price but think I may be stuck on this one.

If someone is parting a car out, I just figured out how to safely remove it.....Easy once its done, but damaged this one beyond repair.

The last gas station attendant bent it back to far and snapped one hinge. I was going to epoxy it, but broke the 2nd trying to remove it.

Thanks in advance

hoanglongk
10-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Where are you? do not know where you can not double you.!

NJMZ
10-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Where are you? do not know where you can not double you.!

Am in NJ.........

lincolnmaster80
10-11-2010, 10:51 AM
You can buy a fuel door hinge from a cheaper source, but I bought two and both did not fit correctly. In fact, the reason why I bought the second one is because I broke the first trying to install it. I bought the one from the dealer because I also broke the second one trying to install it, and it clicked right in in with no hassle or fuss...and it didn't break. So, I'd say skip the cheaper brand and hit up the dealer for this. If you do a search on other forums, you will get the same answer.

NJMZ
10-11-2010, 11:08 AM
You can buy a fuel door hinge from a cheaper source, but I bought two and both did not fit correctly. In fact, the reason why I bought the second one is because I broke the first trying to install it. I bought the one from the dealer because I also broke the second one trying to install it, and it clicked right in in with no hassle or fuss...and it didn't break. So, I'd say skip the cheaper brand and hit up the dealer for this. If you do a search on other forums, you will get the same answer.

LM.........Thanks. I can see that. Will pick one up next time I pass the dealer.
Do you remember approx how much they are so I don't get shocked?
Last year I bought the windshield trim piece ( only 1 side was $105 )

lincolnmaster80
10-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I can't remember off the top of my head...if I hazard a guess, I think it was around the $10 mark, maybe cheaper. I do remember thinking the same thing about not wanting to spend an arm and a leg and taking out a second mortgage on my house and being quite surprised at the price at how low it was. It was well worth going to the dealership for though, that much I do remember.

Add your comment to this topic!