Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

'89 C1500 interior door panel removal

ukdavid
09-20-2010, 11:34 AM
I want to change the window weather strips.
Does anyone have actual experience in taking these door panels off?
I have removed the pull strap and pried off all the plastic retainers around the sides and bottom. It's loose except along the very top. I just can't budge it. Does anyone have any suggestions please.?
I've already done a little damage to one of the switches. How do I unplug them? I can't figure out how they come off.
Appreciate your help.

jdmccright
09-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Once you get all the other clips and screws off, and the panel is just hanging by the top, push up on the panel firmly and it will unhook.

The switch connectors have locking tabs you have to depress first before removing...some you need a screwdriver to push them down, others you can use a thumb. The ones for the armrest switches are a bear to unhook, just be patient and keep fishing with the screwdriver blade and wiggling.

Good luck!

ukdavid
09-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks for that. I was pulling up fairly hard. Maybe I can get some help and we both take a side. I'll have another crack at it tomorrow. Thanks again.

jdmccright
09-24-2010, 09:35 AM
It helps to have the window rolled almost all the way down. The top is held by a metal strip, so it can take some doing. As I recall, pushing straight up on the rear edge of the panel will start it instead of trying to disengage it all at once by pushing evenly front/back.

Add your comment to this topic!