Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Honda Accord vs. Kia Optima

Doug01
09-19-2010, 01:24 AM
I am looking to purchase a used car to replace my Cougar. I am very torn on what decision to make. I need a reliable 4 dr car that is not just a bare bones car, but has decent mileage and will not break the bank. I have looked at several cars and my pick right now is a 2005 Honda Accord EX with 104,000 miles on it. It would be purchased through a reputable car dealership but they only offer a 30day/1,000 mile warranty. You can purchase an extended warranty of 12months/12,000 miles for $400. They want $9,988. I know Hondas are supposed to be great cars. The other car is a 2008 Kia Optima from another good dealership. This car has 56,000 miles on it and is still under factory warranty until 100,000 miles. This dealership also has an "engine for life" warranty which means as long as they deem your car properly maintenanced they would replace the engine if it went out, also they do free oil changes for life. This car is the same price as the Honda, $9.959 and is overall a nice ride, a little rough on the interior. Which car is a better pick all around, motor reliability, warranty offers, etc? I do want to get the most for the money and really do like the Honda but I need help making an educated decision. Thanks for the help.

Herk_FE
09-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Have you looked at any Hyundai Sonatas I believe it shares a common architecture with the Optima and they were slightly more popular vehicle then the Optima which means there are probably quite a few more examples to choose from in the same price point.

Newer Kias and Hyundais have scored pretty high marks in the reliability department although they are usually dinged for bland interiors by most reviews. The newer lower mileage Kia sounds like a steal and if you aren't leaving the city you reside in the Oil changes for life is a nice add on although I would not let it influence my purchase decision.

Have you Edmunds True Valued and KBB'd the 2 models you are looking at? Have you had a carfax or autocheck report run to ensure the titles are clean and the kia wasn't a rental where those 56K would have been a lot harder then most cars receive?

Jamesfranklin
06-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Honda provide best car which has no comparison with other present in the market. I will prefer Honda accord more than any other car of the same budget.

Add your comment to this topic!