Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 pontiac grand prix gt

87stang1
09-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Has hesitation almost stalls code p1361-1362 checked timing control signal and circuit wire for shorts. also the trac light comes on somtimes when this happens. i heard this could be the crank sensor. I relaced the icm no change. could it be the computer or a 5 volt reference somewhere.

BNaylor
09-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Welcome to AF.

Normally when the crank position sensor goes bad the car will stall for sure or intermittently at random times or the engine will not turnover (fire up). Those two DTCs indicate the electrical circuit integrity of the ignition control bypass circuit is faulty. To start check the electrical connectors at the PCM module. No corrosion, reseat and tight.

doctorhrdware
09-17-2010, 03:59 PM
There is some stuff that I use when I am having weird electrical issues. It is called deoxit and it is made by Craig labs. I had some very intermittent electrical gremlins. So I looked at the PCM connections and there was corrosion on both connectors. So I put the deoxit on the PCM connectors and the wire harness connectors. The Deoxit fixed the random intermittent electrical gremlins that I was having. :2cents:

87stang1
09-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Checked wires for corrosion. they are fine. It seems to change codes every time I start it now. I am at a loss here. Please any more Ideas, What should the wire ohm out at should I try that.

BNaylor
09-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Can you post the new DTCs? Are the IC bypass DTCs still present? Thats a complex circuit and you'll need wiring diagrams.

Add your comment to this topic!