Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

check eng. light on P0446

castilla
09-16-2010, 12:19 PM
i just had a buddy a autozone pull the code for me and it comes back P0446 EVAP something so long i couldnt remeber but i never had an issue with this car ever and now this happens after all but the driver door handles break. ive got a 07 fusion 4cyl warranty has expired due to mileage and im broke from helping my daughters car being fixed ( 1200.00 ):runaround:
any help would be appreciated:smile:

RIP
09-17-2010, 11:47 AM
If you're not experiencing driveability problems, and the chances are you're not, you can sit on this one a while. Other than having the check engine light on it shouldn't effect much. Course if your state requires a smog check then you'll have to get it fixed in order to turn off the check engine light and pass the test. Here's a link that explains your code. Your code is what's termed a generaic code meaning it applies to many vehicles and not just your fusion, therefore the terms for components are generic. Ford may have other terms for the same thing: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0446

FYI - You'll notice I'm an "Advisor". Most of my experience is on Chrysler and Toyota products with some experience sprinkled on other vehicles. I'm fairly new to Fords. Anything I post regarding Fords is based on general knowledge and what I've read on this and other forums over the last 7-8 years.

AutoService101
09-17-2010, 11:48 AM
That code is a vent control valve code. Chances are you need a new one (not sure of cost on that vehicle). Will not cause you any issues, try and clear the code and see if it comes back...:rofl:

Do you ever over fill your full tank (when gas quicks pumping do you force a little more in)???

Add your comment to this topic!