Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

O3 Upper Radiator Hose Filler Neck

09-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Be DAMN careful messing around with these older vehicles. The filler neck with the radiator cap on it is plastic that deteriorates with age and it can burst slinging hot water on you, ask me how I know !! Fortunately it was not hot enough to burn me. If you notice any leaks around this part just go ahead and replace it immediately. There is no practical or safe way to bandaid it to make it last a bit longer. Actually the more I think about it I think it would be better for anyone owning one of these vehicles to go ahead and replace the part asap if it hasn't already been done.

I am ordering a Moroso 63730 from Summit to replace the original part. The Moroso part is aluminum so I can use real hose clamps. Dorman makes a replacement that is made out of plastic but the Moroso part is the same price so why not upgrade? I should get the stuff tomorrow and will let everybody know how it works out. The original radiator rubber hoses are still in excellent shape so I will reuse them. I am also going with a 16 lb radiator cap.

09-17-2010, 09:05 AM
The Moroso part worked perfectly. Problem solved forever. Much safer than the plastic piece of junk.

Add your comment to this topic!