Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1978 ford ranger value?

qb9futurehof
09-13-2010, 08:03 PM
hi guys:

So my grandpa had a 1978 ford f150 ranger with only 63,000 miles. i would like to buy this from him, but i cant find a value anywhere. I've searched NADA and KBB.

Any help would be apreciated. by the way it does have 4wd.

thanks guys

toddler62
09-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't think you'll find anywhere written down with a value on a truck that old. It depends on how good of shapes its in. Has it been driven often, is it rusty. No one can answer that question without seeing it and driving it

qb9futurehof
09-13-2010, 10:30 PM
it is in very good condition. my grandpa bought it several years ago from an older couple. the only thing they used it for was going to the lake and back several times a year, since he bought it he was put on abouot 15000 of those 63,000. Most of those miles are highway miles, and even the city drivin is in a small town, so no traiffic jams, no start and stoping, no driving in somone elses smog.

The interior is about as flawless as you could get. seats are not ripped at all, all lights/ radio work. all it would need would be a polishing. the exterior is also in pretty good condition, no rust at all. there are a few minor scratches on body plus lots on inside of truck bed.

Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!