Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

exhaust problem after tranny work

rodgerturner
09-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Aside from my radiator troubles, I had the 1811 code problem with the tranny (pressure control solenoid). I picked the van up and now it sounds like a souped up Honda LOL. The exhaust is original so I suppose it could be unreleated, but is there anything related to the tranny work (rotating engine forward?) that would possibly now have an exhause pipe misaligned? Easy to fix?

lesterl
09-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Check the doughnut gasket where the rear mainifold meets up with the exhaust system, had that go bad on mine when we had the cradle dropped.

rodgerturner
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks, I will check it tomorrow. Is there a p/n for the gasket? I looked online and couldn't find it. Thanks!

Also, curious... to rotate the engine out, I see the two eyes in front, but what do you wrap the ratchet pulley around to pull it forward?

lesterl
09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Pull the dogbones out, hook a ratchet strap one to each, hook other ends to the cradle underneath and crank both of them down.

61054 @ Autozone.com, $9, this is the price for my 97....... IDK your year, but would suspect it is probably the same/ similar....

Add your comment to this topic!