Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Eclipse RS turns over but no fuel to engine

$STEALTH$
09-09-2010, 06:46 AM
hey everyone... My car will not start. I have diagnosed part of the problem already. Yesterday morning my car started... i let it warm up for work. Then i come back out to leave and it was dead... car killed on me. Lights and everything were still on. Heater... etc... I tried to start the car again. And i noticed my fuel pump didnt turn on. Later that day i got home from work and tool out the back seat and tested the pump. It worked great. But there is no power getting to it. I took a light tester to the blue black and blue wire for the pump. I got no voltage at all??? What could the problem be? i checked all the fuses. they alll had their arc still in tact. Now the relays i havent got to yet. I dont know which relay is the one.

I noticed this was gonna happen sooner or later because when i would be driving the car. I would watcch the rpm's drop to zero then come back up to normal. Pretty much the car would kill on me then come back again. Please help...

Papa George
09-09-2010, 08:48 PM
sounds to me like the fuel pump relay, on my 97 is on the firewall drivers side. there are three relays one of them is the fuel pump relay about 15 bucks at the auto store.

Mine went out last year thats why is say that is what it is. had the same issue your having

danielsatur
09-09-2010, 08:58 PM
$2.00 cover @ lkqx!

$STEALTH$
09-12-2010, 11:43 AM
my car only has two of them which one would it be?

Papa George
09-12-2010, 04:39 PM
my car only has two of them which one would it be?

UN plug them and check the pin-out (the location of the pins in the plug) if they are the same then swap them and see if the car starts, if it does then go and by one, the replacement will be universal so any will fit.

FYI the fuel pump relay is the same one that controls the coil.

$STEALTH$
09-13-2010, 06:09 PM
I come to find out that my 3rd spark plug wire was barely connected to the coil... I need a new one says the guy at autozone. It was throwing a code to him. And my o2 sensor is throwing a code too

Add your comment to this topic!