Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

White Smoke just at start up

Malski1972
09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi...maybe someone here can help. My wife and I just bought a used 2003 Highlander Limited 2WD w/3.0 V6 with 94,000 miles. It was very clean and drove like new and has never been in an accident. We noticed the day after we got it home that at start up, there was some whitish smoke from the tailpipe that didn't look normal. It is summertime and 75 degrees outside, so we should see anything. It goes away after about 1 minute, and seems to drive fine. I checked the fluids, and the antifreez and oil sem to be at the correct levels. Can this be due to a gasket leak, a bad PVC valve, or something else I am missing? Has anyone else have this problem with this 3.0 V6? Thanks in advance for your help or advise...Michael

Ivan Hutchins
09-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Whit smoke is just starting. I am not a mechanic so advising you to go to mechanic urgently.

typesix
09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Yes, take it to a mechanic for a check. White smoke could mean a head gasket problem, keep checking the coolant level till you get it to a mechanic.

okundalaye kayode
08-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Am kayode by name, take ur car to garage and tell d technician to check d A/F sensor, and Air flowmeter sensor as well.

Add your comment to this topic!