Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 with Dual Air, NO cool air in the rear

sbellesc
09-04-2010, 01:00 PM
HI yall...

I am totally new here as I just bought my dad's 2003 Tahoe LT from him. I have noticed that there is no cool AC in the back.

It has the Dual Rear AC/heat system and electronic climate controls.

The blower works and air blows well out of all 4 of the back vents when open. However it is not cold but warm air. I have played with the temp controls on the overhead console control and nothing. I can't quite tell if its getting warmer, so not sure if the heat works either, it's so blazing hot now I just know its darn warm coming out. It does have the rear seat controls on the back of the console. When I try to power them on they say off, and the don't allow me to change that or to change the mode or any other controls from the rear. I read in the manual you can turn off the rear controls from the overhead console in the front but I don't think this is the problem. Because I can't even get the overhead controls to change anything in the rear. The fan works and you can change the speed of the warm air blowing in but it def isn't cooling off.

Dad had the AC repaired a year and ahalf ago and he never had cause to sit it the back. SO my question is did they hook something up wrong? , or do you think something went bad?. I wanted to see if this is an easy fix or something very expensive. I tried to search your threads and got a lot of different answers here and am still not sure if one of them sounds exactly like my problem.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

wardriver
09-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Not a cut and dry deal.

Try pulling the RDO/bat. fuse this will reset things.

IF not I'd suspect its a bad actuator.

My 2004 suburban did this a few times but the reset fixed it.

Mine recently blew luke warm air only up front and it was intermittant, replacing the ac control module fixed it.

Auto climate can be a pain.

carpenterkc
04-17-2012, 10:37 PM
I had a similar problem. it turned out to be small metal pieces from the compressor plugging up the rear expansion valve. on the two high pressure lines coming off of the compressor, the lower one goes to the rear. the only explanation i have is gravity carried the metal through the lower line. The AC worked fine in the front but warm in the rear. hope this helps someone.

Add your comment to this topic!