Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Bogging down!!

summernightdrive
09-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Ok so today I went to a self car wash to wash my car. While there I cleaned my engine bay and put "engine restore" additive into my oil. When leaving my car (I have a 1991 si hatch with a B16a) started right up. Then about one mile down the road I felt a large amount of power loss.

When I got home I immediately checked for water in the intake and did not notice any (I cleaned it, dried it, and re oiled it anyways). Then I thought that maybe the additive messed something up so i did an oil change as well.

The problem still persists and am afraid to drive my car. It does not bog down until about 3 min into warm up, but then it stays... Do you think that while washing my engine I messed something up??

I do know, that my car needs a new fuel pump, but i just think it would be a large coincidence that it starts acting up after I messed with my car a bit...Just let me know what you think!! Thanks

summernightdrive
09-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Ok...so there was water in the spark plug ports...all is well now

danielsatur
09-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Try drying Engine with a leaf blower!
Use a hair dryer on COP's and electrical connectors.

jasonnastley
06-25-2016, 05:33 PM
Water in the spark plug is causing this.

MikeCStig
06-26-2016, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure whether you're doing it this way or not, but just in case you're not, I'll share a tip. When you wash out the engine bay, you should do it with the engine warmed up and running, and leave it running for a bit after you're done. That way the heat will cause the moisture to evaporate quickly rather than seeping into crucial parts of the engine and causing problems.

Add your comment to this topic!