Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 GM no air from vent!!

dapopes
09-01-2010, 12:40 PM
My 95 won,t blow out the vent, whether on a/c or just reg vent. Are there any vacume components under dash that go bad, or is it a leak somewhere? I found the vac lines, and couldn't hear/see any leaks, or any disconnections. Any help would be great! Thanks

Blue)(Fusion
09-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Do you have an Electronic Air Temperature Control (EATC)? The o-rings in the vacuum solenoids are known to dry out and leak vacuum, which causes the air to blow out of the defrost vents despite the setting.

You will have to remove the EATC module, replace the o-rings, re-install and you should be good to go.

dapopes
09-02-2010, 12:12 AM
The air IS only coming out of the defrost, but no, I don't have EATC. What else would cause it to do that?

dapopes
09-02-2010, 07:50 AM
does anyone think my prob might be the "blend door actuator"? I've looked at old posts, and saw that blend door actuator is a common failure. If so, which one is it!? Also, when taking the tiny vac line off these actuators, should I be hearing a suction noise? I don't at this time. Thanks for any help, gettin quite frustrated with this prob.

Blue)(Fusion
09-02-2010, 08:19 AM
The blend door only mixes hot and cold air. If you're getting the desired air temperature (either hot or cold or in between), the blend door actuator is not at fault.

dapopes
09-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Sorry for my miss speaking! I didn't mean the blend door actuator, I mean the little round aluminum things under the dash that open and close.The vac lines are attached to them. Do those go bad, and should I hear suction noise when disconnecting the lines from them?

dapopes
09-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Another thing I might add, is that SOMETIMES the vents do work while idleing, or slow city driving, then goes back to defrost only. could that be something mechanical (rusted hinge on a vent door down below) or does that sound vacume caused? if it was vac only, wouldn't vent NEVER work?

dapopes
09-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Today I took off the black vac line in engine compartment, and there was hardly any suction noise coming from the "junction" that the other vac lines are connected to. What could be wrong before the little vac line goin into firewall? Bad vac booster? Do those "junctions" go bad?

rhandwor
09-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I've have found the connection on the manifold plugged with scale. Remove and clean the connector. A leaking brake booster and the engine won't idle correctly.

dapopes
09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Well, thank God i figured out the prob!!!! I ran a new little black vac line to the plastic 'box" under the dash, and vents work now! I tried to blow through old one and couldn't. must've been plugged. Yhanks to all who tried to help me.

Add your comment to this topic!