Tailgate Lock Actuator

smalkus
09-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Hello all,

Brand new to the Forum due to the fact I just purchased a 2001 Rodeo Sport Hardtop, V6, 2wd automatic.

The tailgate power door lock is not working. The power door locks in the 2 doors work fine by the door panel switch and the remote. The tailgate will only open with the key. Not a huge deal but I am trying to fix it.

I removed the lock actuator from the tailgate, it plugs in with a 4 prong wire harness. I figured I could get a part # off of it but there is none. It is a sealed unit. I am not sure if the problem it is the lock actuator itself or possibly an electrical problem. I measured the voltage on the wire that plugs into the actuator and I am only getting about 3 volts when the lock button is depressed. I was thinking this should be 12 volts?

I have a repair maunual on order now, I am hoping that will give we some wiring diagrams. Any help or knowledge would be appreciated. I did search the forum and did not find anything similiar.

Thanks,
Scott

smalkus
09-27-2010, 10:32 AM
I FIXED my tailgat lock issue. Upon further review and searching the Haynes manual I found 3 broken wires right where the tailgat swings open. Once I repiared these wires the tailgate lock works great.

I also ordered a fuel sending unit and replaced did that job. The tank was nto too bad to remove. The directions listed on this site were excellent. Fuel gauge is working perfect.

Scott

Add your comment to this topic!