Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 si have spark and fuel just no start????

94cordvtec
08-31-2010, 09:34 PM
i have a 91 si hatch and recently my fuel pump took a deuce, it wouldnt come one or anything so i tried swappin my main relay with a known good one and it still did nothing so i changed he fuel pump out with a new one and i have fuel, with the bleeder screw out of filter, gas will shoot up to the hood so i've got fuel and i have spark all four plugs out have spark, GOOD spark, so why no start?

danielsatur
08-31-2010, 09:38 PM
If not timing, how about injectors?

Tony
09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
There are 3 things you need to start: Fuel, Spark, Compression

Imperial
01-30-2011, 10:05 PM
^^ agreed, start with checking your compression, you might also want to take a look in the oil filler cap and see if you have any movement. You might have just bad luck and broke your T-Belt.

snshddog
01-31-2011, 06:31 AM
If the t belt broke there would not be spark but if it jumped afew teeth it will spark at the wrong time. Take off the upper timing cover and line up the mark on the crank, then the top pulley should line up to its mark. Other than that you said you swapped the main relay, did you swap it back? Another test is to spray intake cleaner into it while its turning over, if it starts or almost even, then its probably the injectors not running, Injectors are controled through the main relay, the igniter in the distriburtor, and the computer.

Add your comment to this topic!