Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ac issue.. weird behavior.

chiccokaiser1
08-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi, I have a 2002 ltz trailblazer. The ext temperature display start to drop until minus 30' celsius, which is not possible because I live in Italy and it's summer at the moment... By the way, real problem is that the fan turns off and all the ac system seems not to work at all. If you switch off and back on the car, it often starts to work again properly, does anybody know what is going crazy??:runaround:
Thanks

MT-2500
08-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi, I have a 2002 ltz trailblazer. The ext temperature display start to drop until minus 30' celsius, which is not possible because I live in Italy and it's summer at the moment... By the way, real problem is that the fan turns off and all the ac system seems not to work at all. If you switch off and back on the car, it often starts to work again properly, does anybody know what is going crazy??:runaround:
Thanks

Auto or reg. ac controls?
Any ac control lights flashing or on?
Does fan act up on all speeds?

Does ac have a good charge?

chiccokaiser1
08-29-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm noto sure, I will check it. May this effect the whole system work?

chiccokaiser1
08-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Ac auto control.
No flashing lights.
Fan goes out and it doesn't work even in manual mode.
Gas charge, I will check it out but seems good by cooling well when works..
Where can I find the ext temperature sensor? Could this be broken or just disconnected considering his wrong signals?

MT-2500
08-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Ac auto control.
No flashing lights.
Fan goes out and it doesn't work even in manual mode.
Gas charge, I will check it out but seems good by cooling well when works..
Where can I find the ext temperature sensor? Could this be broken or just disconnected considering his wrong signals?

If fan quitting check for that problem.
Check for bad motor or voltage to it.

If auto AC check for codes.
Post back codes.
And confirm good charge.

chiccokaiser1
11-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Didn't do it anymore.. no error codes.. too much electronic chips on this car, much better a wire and a switch!! Simple is always better but let's wait next summer and see what happens.

chiccokaiser1
06-28-2011, 04:31 PM
It's summer again and I'm still having same trouble. When engine and weather gets hot, ext temperature drops apparentely below zero on display and ac system quits working properly. Where can I find ext temperature sensor to check it out? Can I find just original spares? Car is a a 2002 ltz tb.
Thanks

maxwedge
06-28-2011, 06:42 PM
up in the grille area.

chiccokaiser1
09-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Problem come and goes.. now it's pretty constant. If I unplug the temperature sensor behind the grille, display doesn't change, if it shows 10 celsius instead of about 30 it stays there. Should it change instantly or does it have a delay?
I don't point a borken wire, it should go down to -40 all the time, my display just goes around crazy usually showing temperature way lower than reality. What about the card controlling the AC system, is there a way to check it with diagnostic tool?

MT-2500
09-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Problem come and goes.. now it's pretty constant. If I unplug the temperature sensor behind the grille, display doesn't change, if it shows 10 celsius instead of about 30 it stays there. Should it change instantly or does it have a delay?
I don't point a borken wire, it should go down to -40 all the time, my display just goes around crazy usually showing temperature way lower than reality. What about the card controlling the AC system, is there a way to check it with diagnostic tool?

Yes.

chiccokaiser1
09-06-2011, 06:30 AM
I understand. I will look for a garage here in Italy able to do it then, I think I need to find an official dealer. Does the system have only one temperature sensor?

chiccokaiser1
10-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi, done. Was the ext temperature sensor going crazy. A bit expensive here in Italy, about 55 euro but at least it took me two minutes to replace it.
Thanks for support.

MT-2500
10-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi, done. Was the ext temperature sensor going crazy. A bit expensive here in Italy, about 55 euro but at least it took me two minutes to replace it.
Thanks for support.

You are welcome and thanks for posting back the fix.

chiccokaiser1
10-30-2011, 05:03 AM
I think is correct to let other people know what your problem was... easier for everybody in the future. I found it out the hard way, next guy will be more lucky! :naughty:

Add your comment to this topic!