Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Lesabre stalling

swade-o
08-23-2010, 03:25 PM
I have a 1997 Buick Lesabre that stalls when the car is at idle for an extended period (two minutes or longer) or when the car is coasting down a hill for a slight distance. The problem does not happen all the time (about 10-20% of the time) and it always starts right up after it happens. I have been waiting for a SES light but it has never tripped the light so I am looking for help to begin tracking down the problem. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Smith1000
08-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Any codes? Stalling may occur for many different reasons. I had a similar problem in my '97. It would stall occasionally on a downhill grade when coasting. It seems like it was usually when braking slightly. It would start right back up. Cleaning the MAF sensor with MAF sensor spray cleaner seemed to stop the stalling for several months at a time. I don't believe mine stalled at idle, but it would stumble sometimes when shifting into drive.

lakefork
08-24-2010, 08:52 PM
i have a 97 and it did the exact thing and i found a vacuum leak by the throtle body intake it is a 3 way split rubber vacuum connection that connects to the throtle intake

Add your comment to this topic!