Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 lesabre, two questions...

funiwant
08-21-2010, 02:45 PM
hi people, new to this posting thing so here it goes, 1st question, climate control: sometimes air flow will go to the vents sometimes it goes to the floor and windshield, I have done some reading and it may be a soft vacuum hose, ok, but when i push the "recirc" button, the air flow goes to the floor and the blower motor doesn't seem to go to a "higher" state, like when you put older cars on "max" the blower motor would speed up, this one doesn't speed up. any thoughts on this. 2nd question, how do you diagnose the rear defrost, when i push the button, when the rear glass is fogged up, nothing happens. if the light is coming on does that mean the fuse is still good or does the light come on either way. i recently purchased this vehicle and there is a sticker on the rear glass, could that be shorting out the wires going across the glass? the sticker isn't metalic but ya never know i guess. thanks for any and all help. oh forgot to mention that it is the push button hvac controller, electronic i think you call it. thanks

inafogg
08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
recirc does'nt change blower speed it either drawls from outside air or just recics
air
you can check defrost for 12v @ window strips

funiwant
08-21-2010, 02:59 PM
recirc does'nt change blower speed it either drawls from outside air or just recics
air
you can check defrost for 12v @ window strips
do these vehicles have a "hi blower" relay like the older vehicles, because when it is turned up all the way, to me it doesn't seem to be blowing at full speed. for example like on older vehicles when the blower was on hi, when you moved the lever to "max" or pushed the recirc button, the blower would go to a higher speed. so your saying that this one doesn't speed up when recirc is pushed, when blower is on "hi" setting.

spinne1
08-21-2010, 05:25 PM
The blower motor only seems to blow harder because the way the air is directed. Recirc or Max mean that the air is recirculated and the only difference is a door in your dash that opens or closes.

inafogg
08-21-2010, 06:46 PM
i no what you mean when you push the MAX air button but the recirc on your car
just closes the door(not allowing air in from the outside)
does 1--4 increase blower speed with each 1 ??

Add your comment to this topic!