Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lowering springs question...

alexmurphy
08-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Alright, so I need to know what I need to get to have my completely stock car lowered. I have found both a set of lowering springs and a full kit, with a dramatic price difference. This leads me to believe that the set of springs which are 258 bucks, are only an accessory for the full lowering kit, which is 759. can anyone verify this information for me? I have no idea what I should be buying here...

jdmccright
08-20-2010, 12:07 PM
First, you need to tell us what you are lowering. Second, you need to post this question in the right forum for your vehicle.

Otherwise, welcome to AF!

alexmurphy
08-24-2010, 08:44 PM
It is an Audi A4 2.8 quattro from 1999.

i was hoping to get more of a general answer to it, instead of car-specific. I dont think it has to do with just this car, i could have the same problem with, say, my mom's.

HeWhoKillz
08-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Are you buying these online? Might you post the links for both sets so we can see what you are talking about?

jdmccright
08-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Suspensions and drivetrains on vehicles can vary greatly (FWD, AWD, live axle, coil-over shocks, multilink...ad nauseum) so a generic answer is impossible to apply across the board. Best to ask the direct question so you aren't left guessing if anything's been missed.

Add your comment to this topic!