2001 Camry seems louder

Krono353
08-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Since I bought my Camry LE V6 about 4 years it's been incredibly quiet considering the engine. The last few days it's been louder. It seems to be as powerful as before, no weird exhaust smells, and it doesn't sound like any sort of misfire. The louder noise is coming straight from the engine rather than the rear where most people modify the exhaust, obviously. Honestly I enjoy the fact that the car has some noise to it because I was used to my much louder Grand Am before I bought the Camry. My Camry has taken care of my way better than any car I've had so far so it concerns me that it's making more noise. Any opinions? Should I be concerned since no other symptoms are present and well, I like the slightly amped sound the car produces? The car has 84k miles on it. And again It's been wonderful to me with the exception of usual preventative maitenence (spelling). Any input will be greatly appreciated. Oh and by the way I did give the exhaust system a look over and it seems ok with the usual rust spots (I live in Mass).

Mike Gerber
08-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I would check the flexpipe in the exhaust system. It's the most common part that causes any exhaust noise near the front of the engine. Since you are in Massachsetts, rust on the exhaust system is probably a factor.

Mike

Ducaire
09-19-2010, 01:05 PM
I've been told that some vehicles get a bit louder as they get older over time.

Add your comment to this topic!