Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Programming Key Fob 2000 Grand Prix SE

SulkierLizard
08-15-2010, 05:41 PM
I ordered a key fob off of eBay and I'm following the exact procedure below, but I can't get it to chime when I hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons down. I hear the chime when I close the door. I know it's in programming mode because I can change my lighting system with the thumbwheel and change the number of chimes.

I'm not sure if my car ever had a keyless entry system. I read that it would be a small box behind the DIC. I checked there and didn't see anything.

Sit in the vehicle driver's seat.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition
Close all of the vehicle's doors.
Remove the MALL PGM fuse from the fuse panel. Refer to Electronic Diagnosis in Body and Chassis.
Turn the ignition lock cylinder to the ACC position.
Turn the ignition lock cylinder OFF, then back to ACC within 1 second.
Open and then close any vehicle door. You will hear a chime when the remote control door lock receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode. If you do not hear a chime, start again at step 1.

Important
After 7 seconds, you may hear a chime confirming successful synchronization. After approximately 14 seconds, you will hear a chime confirming successful programming.

Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.
Repeat step 8 in order to program each additional transmitter.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Install the MALL PGM fuse back into the fuse panel. Refer to Electrical Diagnosis in Body and Chassis.
Validate that all the transmitters that were programmed operate properly. Refer to Keyless Entry System Operation .

The part number for the FOB is : 10246215
and the FCC ID is: ABO0204T

richtazz
08-16-2010, 08:28 AM
For anyone else reading this thread, the posted proceedure is correct but the OP's car doesn't have factory keyless entry.

Add your comment to this topic!