Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air on 1 side , heat on other

kpabt0525
08-14-2010, 10:06 PM
2002 GTP. When air is on, cool/cold air blows out of drivers side. But HOT air blows out of passanger side. It has dual climate control, but acts the same with or without dual climate activated. Any help would be great. Thanks all.

richtazz
08-16-2010, 08:29 AM
you most likely have a bad pass side temp door actuator

DarkTint
08-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Holy crap, I just logged to ask about the same problem. My cold air is only coming out of the passenger side, though. Sucks big time. My car is a 99 GT with basically no options, so it does NOT have the automatic climate control. I don't think it's actual HOT air coming out of mine. I think it's just the regular vent on cool, but it's been so hot outside it feels like the heat is on.

richtazz
08-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Darktint.

Your's is most likely a different issue. Since you don't have dual climate control, your issue is most likely low refrigerant. The way the HVAC system is laid out, if you're low on refrigerant, the passenger side will still blow cool, but the driver's side will blow warmer.

DarkTint
08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Darktint.

Your's is most likely a different issue. Since you don't have dual climate control, your issue is most likely low refrigerant. The way the HVAC system is laid out, if you're low on refrigerant, the passenger side will still blow cool, but the driver's side will blow warmer.

Interesting, I did just run out of refrigerant. I was going to take it to a local shop to get it refilled, but my brother had a can of the store bought stuff with the gauge on it. We filled it until it read half full, but he said to be careful not to overfill it. Would you recommend putting more of the can in there, or having it done at a shop?

P.S. - thanks for the tip and fast reply

kpabt0525
08-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Could you tell me where the door actuator is located and is it difficult to repalce? Thanks

richtazz
08-17-2010, 07:43 AM
kpabt0525 -The temp actuators are located up high under the dash, one on each side of the center console. The passenger side one is easier to get to than the driver side, but neither is "easy" to access.

DarkTint- I would suggest taking it to a shop if you don't have the proper equipment (A/C manifold guages) to ensure you don't overfill the system. It appears you may have a leak, so the shop would be able to pinpoint that for you as well.

rkvons
08-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Could you tell me where the door actuator is located and is it difficult to repalce? Thanks
Empty your glove box and then drop it down and out of the way. Look in and to the upper left. You will see it mounted there. When you adjust the temperature, the little armature on it should move. It has an electrical connection on it and is held on by 3 screws.
http://redirectingat.com/?id=252X400&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi486.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fr r230%2Frkvons%2FGMBlendActuator.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.automotiveforums.com%2Fvbull etin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D975100

Add your comment to this topic!