Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gunze Paint.

ozstrider
05-15-2003, 01:11 AM
Hey,
How is Gunze Sangyo spray paint? Its pretty available for me and it says that Gunze is the recomended paint for my altezza.
Should i go with Gunze or go and search for Tamiya paint?
Thanks for your time.

daggerlee
05-15-2003, 05:32 AM
Gunze spray paint should be near equal quality to Tamiya. :)

RallyRaider
05-15-2003, 05:36 AM
I just bought some Gunze Sangyo spray paint and so far it seems to be very good. I'd say it is very much on a par with Tamiya rattle cans.

What store can you get it from? I visit Melbourne from time to time and would be interested in finding a good source, since the one here in Wagga isn't going to be stocking them anymore.

appleseed
05-15-2003, 03:28 PM
i prefer them over the tamiya rattle cans as you have much more control of them through an airbrush. they have a very good color selection and polishes very well. i haven't had a problem with them except on figuring out which type of thinner works with certain colors. other than that, they're great!

a.

ozstrider
05-16-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by RallyRaider
What store can you get it from? I visit Melbourne from time to time and would be interested in finding a good source, since the one here in Wagga isn't going to be stocking them anymore.

Mostly ive only seem them at Games World. And theyve have normally had a pretty big collection. But the shop near Flinders st station normally has them as well. I though they had tamiya, ive only seen airplane spray there. Hope that helped.:flash:

Now i know Gunze is pretty good, i can finally finish my altezza.:cool:

Rtuned
05-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by appleseed
i prefer them over the tamiya rattle cans as you have much more control of them through an airbrush. they have a very good color selection and polishes very well. i haven't had a problem with them except on figuring out which type of thinner works with certain colors. other than that, they're great!

a.

Ditto...

But do remember this tip, never spray Tamiya can spray onto Gunze/Mr. Hobby spray color...It will cause chemical reaction on your models.:D

ozstrider
05-18-2003, 04:14 AM
Can i spray Gunze over Tamiya primer? Cos though ive seen lots of Gunze cans, ive never seen any Gunze primer around.
I pikced some up over the weekend and it was pretty good. 3 coats gave me a pretty good result, though its still really dull. It has nearly no shine at all. It that cos i got primary paint? I was going to get some rubbing compund and gloss stuff from an RC shop i found today. Is it ok to use those?
Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first model, and though i know it wont be perfect, i still want it to be good.:rolleyes:

Rtuned
05-18-2003, 04:10 PM
There are no problem by spraying Gunze/Mr.Hobby color on Tamiya spray paint.:p

Add your comment to this topic!