94 Buick Century 2.2 4 cyl bad gas smell

fritcr
08-13-2010, 08:38 AM
I am suddenly getting a bad gas smell when I get out of the car after driving it. I can't anything leaking under the hood or anywhere else. I can't really tell where it is coming from. It seems like it is around the gas cap area but the cap is on good and looks fine. Also when I fill up or take the gas cap off after driving it it does have a bit of suction there but not bad. So with that I figured the cap is sealing ok. Does anyone have some ideas to check. I don't know what to do but it is stinky.
Rob

fritcr
08-15-2010, 09:54 AM
I jacked the car up yesterday and looked at the filler neck connections etc. I can't find anything where it is leaking. Of course when I was messing with it it was not smelling. It only smells after driving it and does not always smell. It never smells just siting. I checked under the hood and all around the injectors etc. I can't see anything leaking but it is hard to tell. I also pulled the vac line off the fuel reg and there is no gas in that line either. Anyone have any ideas? It is the 2.2 4 cyl.

Add your comment to this topic!