Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Driver Seat Won't Recline

tljohnson76
08-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Good morning- The driver seat in my 2003 Pontiac Montan stopped reclining. The lever used to recline it just turns all the way around. It was able to sit up (all the way up), and now I can't get it to recline back. Is there an easy fix to this problem? Please help, as it is hard to drive with the seat sitting all the way up. :frown:

Thank you for reading.

JabbaTHutt
10-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Good luck, get used to it, wife or daughter broke the one in our van but lucky for me the seat is set for how I like it.

Problem is and I have told them both and shown them both that if you lean back on the seat while trying to pull up on that lever it have to really pull hard which is what they always seemed to be doing, wasn't able to get it through their thick skulls not to lean hard on it when you lift the lever up. Of course I find it laying beside the seat one day with part of the shaft on it and the wife says I didn't do it and the daughter didn't do it and I know I didn't do it so that leaves no that that did it because there are only the 3 of use that drive it.

Add your comment to this topic!