Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SUPERCHARGER OIL ??????s

NOVAZ27
08-05-2010, 07:23 AM
It is time to replace the supercharger oil in my 06 GT. While searching the internet for a less expensive replacement oil I came upon some forums that proclaimed that BP2380 Turbine Oil works great. I just happen to have a case of EXXON 2380 sitting out in my garage. I paid $.50 a qt at a swap meet for it. I was going to use it in my lawn mowers but it was to thin. So it has been sitting quite a while. It does make a good air tool oil.

EXXON sold the rights to the 2380 oil when it merged with MOBIL OIL way back when.

This oil is used in JET ENGINE TURBINES so I guess it is pretty tough.

My ? is Has anyone in this forum had any experience with using this oil in their EATON SUPERCHARGERS.

Thanks in advanced for any PRO/CON feedback.

andretti
08-05-2010, 09:40 AM
You're concerned enough that you want to service it so my advise is stick with G.M.'s recommended oil. In Canada we use p/n 10953153. I'm sure the oil you have would work but do you really want to take that chance?

tblake
08-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I agree its probably best to stick with stock gm oil. The price isn't too steep considering you only replace it every year or so.

GTP Dad
08-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Stay with the GM stuff. If you use the turbine oil you may just destroy the supercharger and it will certainly cost a whole lot more than the cost of a couple bottles of the GM oil to replace!

Add your comment to this topic!