Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A/c blowing hot air

tractorboy
08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Put in a 16oz can of R134A, Worked for awhile till it leaked out. Took it to an independant repair shop who said it was a hose from the compressor to the expansion valve. Then the parts dept said the hose has been redesigned and along with the new hose you have to replace the compressor. So we have a little over a three year old car with two engineering defects:: 1. the above
2. the check engine light, the computer is throwing the code for the air/fuel sensor. Nissan has a TSB on this you have to replace with a new A/F sensor, new design, redesigned A/F and the computer has to be reprogrammed. I called the dealership, they will not return my calls, I called the parts DEPT and they went and got the service manager who lied and said he called back. I called their customer care center in Tenn and they do not call back. No appologies ,no trying to meet halfway...nothing. There is no warranty left and it will cost around $800 - $1000 for the A/C and the A/F I would geustamate at about $300.The sad part is we like the car..the down side is we think Nissan is in it just to make money, not to make cars...there is a big difference. I am not going to be buying another Nissan anytime soon and will tell this story to all that will listen.

Add your comment to this topic!