Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Considering a purchase.

longlivetheZ
08-04-2010, 09:29 AM
What's goin on, everyone?

I'm looking at an '05 SRT-4 and I was wondering if I could get some owner opinions regarding reliability and things to check for.

About the car real quick: It's a mostly stock '05 with ~95K on the clock. ~15K/yr is pushing it in my book but, I drove it and it seemed very well cared for. The only mod I could find on it was a side exit exhaust (which was a nice touch, really...) but I'm not sure if it was cat back or header back.

The dealer is offering a 50% parts, 50% labor warranty with it for a year or 2 (don't remember).

I didn't haggle or talk price any with them but they said it retails for 11,500 which I verified through KBB (within 100 bucks, actually...lol) and they said they'd let me take it to a mechanic or whatever before buying if I wanted to.

So...all that seemed to check out quite well. What I was wanting from all of you owners is YOUR experience with the SRTs. Give you any issues? If you were buying one now, what would YOU look at and check before buying? Being somewhat familiar with turbocharged cars, I'm going to put it on a lift and check everything out as far as oil leaks, vacuum leaks, etc but, are there any other SRT-4 specific problem areas to check out?

I'll post a pic or 2 if I can, too.

Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!