Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Belkits Peugeot 207 S2000

Pages : 1 [2] 3

racer93
02-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Man, that Fabia is an *ugly* car! (Never liked the 'Mini' look at all.)

Why no WRC Citroen (outside of Heller)? I'd personally LOVE to see that one...

Luis Pacheco
02-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Why no WRC Citroen (outside of Heller)? I'd personally LOVE to see that one...

I believe the C4 is the next by Similr.

The C4 from Heller only in Setember and I believe will be a basic kit. :disappoin

vitanvk
02-18-2011, 08:51 AM
I believe the C4 is the next by Similr.

The C4 from Heller only in Setember and I believe will be a basic kit. :disappoin

Simil'r will not make C4-this is 100% sure:wink:

Luis Pacheco
02-18-2011, 08:58 AM
They say the draws of the second kit are already done. My hope was the C4. :frown:

racer93
02-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Simil'r will not make C4-this is 100% sure:wink:
Aw, poop! Seeing the early pics of the Simil'r Focus, I'd LOVE for them to do a C4. Wonder what's next from them? I love their idea of molding the body without the door. GREAT idea.

So, since you say the C4 definitely isn't it...do you know or have an idea of their next kit?

Daniel

vitanvk
02-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Aw, poop! Seeing the early pics of the Simil'r Focus, I'd LOVE for them to do a C4. Wonder what's next from them? I love their idea of molding the body without the door. GREAT idea.

So, since you say the C4 definitely isn't it...do you know or have an idea of their next kit?

Daniel

Unfortunatelly i don't know anything about their next kit.:frown:. Ithink this would be another modern car, although i wish more it was a Group B monster..
I'm sure about C4, because they (Simil'r) said it in another forum.

Il dottore
02-18-2011, 10:50 AM
I`ve you guys are waiting for a good C4, here`s a tip. Try the motorama die cast version. It`s only 20eu and it`s far better looking then the renaissance version. I`ve build the Novikov version a little while ago. Using parts from the part box to scratch the interior and i used a set of wheels from Hobby design. Result :

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8521/sizedcimg0013.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/sizedcimg0013.jpg/)

Il dottore
02-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Back on topic, the last time i spoke with the guys from Belkits, somewhere in december, they where thinking about the Fabia S2000 evo2 as second kit. As a big fan of Freddy Loix i`m really hoping for this one.:iceslolan

vitanvk
02-18-2011, 10:59 AM
I`ve you guys are waiting for a good C4, here`s a tip. Try the motorama die cast version. It`s only 20eu and it`s far better looking then the renaissance version. I`ve build the Novikov version a little while ago. Using parts from the part box to scratch the interior and i used a set of wheels from Hobby design. Result :

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8521/sizedcimg0013.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/sizedcimg0013.jpg/)

Pretty good result i think.
I personally will wait for the Heller version, regardless of the fact it could be very basic.

Vladamor
02-18-2011, 02:46 PM
I was dreaming with the Fiesta S2000...

rallymaster
02-18-2011, 03:57 PM
If I remember well what I read elsewhere here on AF (probably in the thread anouncing Simil'R birth) the second release of Simil'R will be the Citroen DS3 WRC.
Not the worst choice for WRC fans.
A mini would be nice to complete the new WRC cars...! :iceslolan

But that's right WRC aren't the only rally cars builders are missing !!
Personaly I'm always dreaming of a full detailed and accurate complete 205 T16 Evo2 kit, but that may stay a dream...

Anyway I think that new brands must make recent models and follow current competitions to launch their activity and touch the most customers possible, most of the fans (youngest expecially) want a Loeb car (and a Loeb bike, and a Loeb cow and anything wearing Loeb's name :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:) and even don't know who Vatanen or Röhrl are... :frown: :disappoin

But once business on the rails, I would be pleased to find a new range of kits, an oldies or mythic serie !! :naughty: :naughty:
some Group B still deserve a brand to make them at 1/24 scale (still no 5 Turbo Corsica version, still no Skoda Gr. B, no Talbot Samba...)

rallymaster
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Waoowww !! Excellent result knowing it's a diecast !! :naughty:
I suppose you didn't get that result without hard work on it...
More to show us ? :icon16:

Luis Pacheco
02-18-2011, 04:05 PM
I´m not seeing this new brands making old rallye cars. :shakehead

If I would like to see a 205 T16, a RS200 or a S4? Of course I do!
But how to convince Peugeot for example when this brand is currently racing in Rallyes with a 207 s2000!

Luc Janssens
02-18-2011, 05:12 PM
I´m not seeing this new brands making old rallye cars. :shakehead
!

Too bad......,a kit of the Opel Manta & Ascona 400 would've been neat, same for a late '70s Kadett coupe GT/E rally....
Anyway hopefully I can look inside a Belkit, at the IPMS show in Hoboken Belgium next month.

Il dottore
02-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Waoowww !! Excellent result knowing it's a diecast !! :naughty:
I suppose you didn't get that result without hard work on it...
More to show us ? :icon16:

I`m building the Ascona 400 by Gass now. Tread is in dutch but there are a lot of pictures to watch.
I`ll start a tread on this forum when i start the next build. :wink:

http://forum.depaddock.net/showthread.php?t=19962

TvD
02-19-2011, 07:18 AM
The second kit by BelKits will be the Ford Fiesta S2000!:bananasmi Perhaps the 3rd kit which will be announced soon will be the Skoda Fabia?
(picture courtesy of belkits.be).

http://belkits.be/images/skin/BEL002_BEL003_announcement.gif

Luis Pacheco
02-19-2011, 07:37 AM
To much suspense and is the Fiesta S2000 like Belkits told at the beggining.

The third one is the Fabia, i´m sure of that. :evillol:

racer93
02-19-2011, 06:14 PM
To much suspense and is the Fiesta S2000 like Belkits told at the beggining.

The third one is the Fabia, i´m sure of that. :evillol:
Uh, hadn't Belkits already said they're releasing the Fiesta? I remember seeing that on their site quite a few months ago...

thenotoriousLUD
02-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Any word on a US dealer
Or maybe hlj.com?
Realy need both of these in my collection as ive built all the 206's i can find and love the fiesta wrc

Luis Pacheco
02-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Any word on a US dealer
Or maybe hlj.com?
Realy need both of these in my collection as ive built all the 206's i can find and love the fiesta wrc

They are working in getting an US distributor.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Belkitsbe-Belkitscom/161068673940799

Luis Pacheco
02-22-2011, 08:26 AM
:runaround:

http://www.belkits.com/images/skin/peugeot207_beschikbaar.gif

http://www.belkits.com/

racer93
02-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Waiting for a US distributor or someone with a lower shipping cost than from Belgique...something around USD$50. No joke.

Luc Janssens
02-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Waiting for a US distributor or someone with a lower shipping cost than from Belgique...something around USD$50. No joke.

Steven from Belkits, can you quote an all-in price from shipping one kit to the US?
Coz there seems to be confusion about that on some hobby boards.
One also has to take into account that the list price on the Domino website includes Belgian sales tax 21% (VAT) one has to deduct that from the 35 euro (=121%) so the price for overseas buyers should be just shy of 30 Euro (without shipping)

To have prices in USD please visit the following site: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Luc Janssens
Belgium

DJ RUSH99
02-23-2011, 05:52 AM
:runaround:

http://www.belkits.com/images/skin/peugeot207_beschikbaar.gif

http://www.belkits.com/

:jerking::lol2:

racer93
02-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Steven from Belkits, can you quote an all-in price from shipping one kit to the US?
Coz there seems to be confusion about that on some hobby boards.
One also has to take into account that the list price on the Domino website includes Belgian sales tax 21% (VAT) one has to deduct that from the 35 euro (=121%) so the price for overseas buyers should be just shy of 30 Euro (without shipping)

Luc Janssens
Belgium

Luc, there is no confusion, as I was quoted this from Domino.be directly. I was stunned by the cost. It is prohibitively expensive. It was 2x or 3x the cost to even come from Honk Kong or Japan. It was very high. (I understand that they don't control how much Belgian Post charges. That's not my issue. It's strictly the cost and if there is a US distributor (or someone closer), I'll go that way.)

rallymaster
02-23-2011, 10:41 AM

Luc Janssens
Belgium

In my opinion that's false, because it would mean that tax is paid by seller if seller sells tax free, that's the same here in France, we don't sell less when selling outside the country because we still pay the tax, except if not taking it but in this case it has to be a professional buyer (which himself has taxes dues and takings) ...

Moreover I always pay the all included price myself when buying at Domino so I don't see why prices shoould be tax free in USD and not in Euros... :sly:

stevenpae
02-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I know shipping cost from Belgium are higher if you compare to china or japan.

But you must know there is a big difference between european countries and asian.
Everything is a lot cheaper in china/japan, because their taxes are lower, people work for a lot less money then we here in europe. If cost would be higher in asia, i don't think we would have a lot of stuff in our house with 'made in japan' marked on it. So of course they don't ask so much money to send something to usa or europe.

We already work with a cheaper cost by belgian post than normal. If you look on site of belgian post, a package to 1kg to usa not assured costs 30 euro, we only ask 20 euro.

about VAT, we have to pay VAT in belgium, we can only send without VAT if customer has a valid VAT number in their country and then they pay VAT in their country.

i hope you can understand my explanation.

We have sended a kit to the USA distributor for review and then they will decide on quantity they will buy. Then they will distribute to USA shops.

racer93
02-23-2011, 12:02 PM

But you must know there is a big difference between european countries and asian.
Everything is a lot cheaper in china/japan, because their taxes are lower, people work for a lot less money then we here in europe. If cost would be higher in asia, i don't think we would have a lot of stuff in our house with 'made in japan' marked on it. So of course they don't ask so much money to send something to usa or europe.

We already work with a cheaper cost by belgian post than normal. If you look on site of belgian post, a package to 1kg to usa not assured costs 30 euro, we only ask 20 euro.

about VAT, we have to pay VAT in belgium, we can only send without VAT if customer has a valid VAT number in their country and then they pay VAT in their country.

We have sended a kit to the USA distributor for review and then they will decide on quantity they will buy. Then they will distribute to USA shops.

I'm specifically talking about shipping costs, nothing else. Not kit price (it's ok), just shipping from Belgium.

Luc Janssens
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
In my opinion that's false, because it would mean that tax is paid by seller if seller sells tax free, that's the same here in France, we don't sell less when selling outside the country because we still pay the tax, except if not taking it but in this case it has to be a professional buyer (which himself has taxes dues and takings) ...

Moreover I always pay the all included price myself when buying at Domino so I don't see why prices shoould be tax free in USD and not in Euros... :sly:

When I as a European buy mail-order in the US, I don't pay sales tax in the US but an import duty when the parcel ends up on Belgian soil.
If a Canadian orders at Hannants in the UK, he doesn't pay sales tax either in the UK, but does in Canada when his parcel is processed by custom officials.
Didn't know the rules are different in Belgium and France, cuz in some cases a buyer would then have to pay sales tax twice plus duty, if that's the case, overseas buyer better mail-order their European hobby supplies in the UK.

rallymaster
02-23-2011, 05:14 PM
When I as a European buy mail-order in the US, I don't pay sales tax in the US but an import duty when the parcel ends up on Belgian soil.
If a Canadian orders at Hannants in the UK, he doesn't pay sales tax either in the UK, but does in Canada when his parcel is processed by custom officials.
Didn't know the rules are different in Belgium and France, cuz in some cases a buyer would then have to pay sales tax twice plus duty, if that's the case, overseas buyer better mail-order their European hobby supplies in the UK.

Luc, I really think you're completely confusing things... or I missed something about international commercial rules and was spoiled each time I ordered something here and there !!! :sly: :screwy: :confused: :lol: :lol:
Which sales taxes don't you pay when ordering in US ??
Because US state fees aren't like customs taxes for/from outside the country but are applied between states for I suppose different VAT tax ranges (would probably be confirmed by US members) between states, that's why you don't pay it when ordering from outside the state but you pay the normal VAT tax included in the prices.
That's visible on Ebay when professional US sellers informed that people living inside the state have to pay additional tax. So any other price isn't a tax free price but the normal VAT included price.
And customs taxes aren't VAT sales taxes, anywhere you live !
A Canadian ordering in UK in your example doesn't pay a sale tax when getting order in Canada but customs fees, possible, right , but that doesn't mean he won't have to pay sales taxes first when buying to the seller which takes his VAT in the price, and if this Canadian buyer doesn't pay these sales taxes it's because he has a professional account.
Or there might be a special VAT rule in UK but I don't believe so as I always paid all included prices in UK, too. :dunno:
And it's not different either between France and Belgium as I don't get VAT free if I buy in belgium as you won't get VAT free if you buy in France from Belgium, according to Steve/domino confirmation. :cool:
Once again i suppose you're confusing things, you can't get sales tax free prices without being a professional, and customs/duty taxes have nothing to deal with VAT and sales tax, you can believe me !
VAT are due taxes in all included prices and customs fees aren't linked to the fact to pay VAT or not.
If a professional sells VAT free not to a professiobal he'll have to pay it though to government as he has to pay VAT included !! same in france and belgium. :greenyes:
By the way I sometimes had myself to pay customs fees whereas I paid VAT, and I either never had to pay customs fees instead of VAT !
And that didn't depend on the country, that was the case as much for Asia orders as for US or Europe ones (Belgium as UK)...
There may be some VAT tips and tricks from a country to another, you're right on that point, especially when crossing oceans, but surely more for profesional and not the one you gave concerning Belgium. :wink: :smile:

rallymaster
02-23-2011, 05:18 PM

Are you looking for French distributors ??
I recently talked to my LHS about new brands possible releases and they answered they haven't been asked to release these new brands... :confused: :disappoin

Luc Janssens
02-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Luc, I really think you're completely confusing things... or I missed something about international commercial rules and was spoiled each time I ordered something here and there !!! :sly: :screwy: :confused: :lol: :lol:
Which sales taxes don't you pay when ordering in US ??
Because US state fees aren't like customs taxes for/from outside the country but are applied between states for I suppose different VAT tax ranges (would probably be confirmed by US members) between states, that's why you don't pay it when ordering from outside the state but you pay the normal VAT tax included in the prices.
That's visible on Ebay when professional US sellers informed that people living inside the state have to pay additional tax. So any other price isn't a tax free price but the normal VAT included price.
And customs taxes aren't VAT sales taxes, anywhere you live !
A Canadian ordering in UK in your example doesn't pay a sale tax when getting order in Canada but customs fees, possible, right , but that doesn't mean he won't have to pay sales taxes first when buying to the seller which takes his VAT in the price, and if this Canadian buyer doesn't pay these sales taxes it's because he has a professional account.
Or there might be a special VAT rule in UK but I don't believe so as I always paid all included prices in UK, too. :dunno:
And it's not different either between France and Belgium as I don't get VAT free if I buy in belgium as you won't get VAT free if you buy in France from Belgium, according to Steve/domino confirmation. :cool:
Once again i suppose you're confusing things, you can't get sales tax free prices without being a professional, and customs/duty taxes have nothing to deal with VAT and sales tax, you can believe me !
VAT are due taxes in all included prices and customs fees aren't linked to the fact to pay VAT or not.
If a professional sells VAT free not to a professiobal he'll have to pay it though to government as he has to pay VAT included !! same in france and belgium. :greenyes:
By the way I sometimes had myself to pay customs fees whereas I paid VAT, and I either never had to pay customs fees instead of VAT !
And that didn't depend on the country, that was the case as much for Asia orders as for US or Europe ones (Belgium as UK)...
There may be some VAT tips and tricks from a country to another, you're right on that point, especially when crossing oceans, but surely more for profesional and not the one you gave concerning Belgium. :wink: :smile:

As a European you pay VAT whenever you buy a product in the EU in a store or via mail-order, but when that same European buys in the US he doesn't have to pay it there, he does pay VAT when the goods enter the EU, plus a postal processing fee, and import tax)
US buyers only pay VAT when buying items in their home state, the price tag on consumer goods is always without VAT, and the store adds it at check out.
Just go to the Hannants website and order something having a US address or your own French one and report back to me,

Thanks, best regards

Luc

rallymaster
02-23-2011, 08:01 PM
As a European you pay VAT whenever you buy a product in the EU in a store or via mail-order, but when that same European buys in the US he doesn't have to pay it there, he does pay VAT when the goods enter the EU, plus a postal processing fee, and import tax)

That's precisely what has no sens and seems wrong to me, because we never have to pay VAT with customs fees instead, simply because customs fees aren't applied everytime !!
I do purchase a lot of stuff from another hobby in US stores and never had to pay VAT + customs fees... That's what I would like you to understand, VAT and customs are two different things you're confusing because probably talking about a special case (customs visibly caught your orders !! :confused:)

Just go to the Hannants website and order something having a US address or your own French one and report back to me,

Sorry but I can't order something on Hannants having my own address !!! :loser: I'm joking, don't feel angry !! :lol: :lol:
But you have to know I didn't wait for you to order something in the US, or anywhere else, as I said it just above I never had to pay VAT in customs for US purchases !!
Maybe you order something specialy watched or have amounts that make customs "tilt" on your packages...
When I was charged by customs it was for my most expensive orders and biggest packages, and it was from Japan.

I don't doubt that US buyers have to pay tax when ordering in their own state (exactly what I said in previous post btw) but you didn't post first about US but about Belgium, and in this case you're wrong, what pleases you or not, and that was confirmed by Steve at Domino, that's precisely what I was pointing out when talking about confusion.
You try to apply what happened to you as an universal rule... against good sens... :nono:
What you think working from US to Belgium can't work from Belgium to US because you have a wrong idea of the reason of these fees !!
If customs don't catch your package, you don't have to pay anything !!
If you're catch, yes they apply VAT for items entry in the country, but that doesn't mean you didn't already paid it in the purchase price of the selling country which seller has all included prices and has to declare his own VAT, whatever you pay customs fees or not !!
I think it's not impossible to understand though, isn't it ? :confused:
And mostly it's easy to verify.
And I verified it myself dozens of times !!!
Just try yourself to order something in France and ask a VAT free saying you'll pay it in customs, and listen to laugh of the seller... and report back to me, too !! :grinyes: :lol:
You were wrong and simply did a mistake posting that by imagining US buyers would have VAT free purchases because you got VAT paid with customs, nobody blame you for that and surely not me, but please accept truth, that's not the rule, I'm sorry to learn it to you and that visibly you won't accept to admit it... :disappoin
As I said, everything is easy to verify, and has already been confirmed by Steve, so I don't have anything more to add...
Just try to verify your thoughts by yourself, or call Steve I don't know, if you still think I'm a kind of mad or try to disturb you by controversy pleasure or I don't know what else... it's not that, only a truth willing and for me discussion here is done, we have to let this thread back to what it is, so please PM me if you want to continue it and I'll be please to answer you as we seems to have bith good experience of international purchases but with different issues... :wink:

Pugnuts
02-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Sorry Rallymaster you are wrong here. VAT and Sales tax are not the same but can be considered the same by a consumer. For a business they are very different but for this discussion they are the same thing.

This is how it works. If you are from the US and buy something in THE EU you can reclaim the VAT from the government of the country you bought it in. This is done when it leaves the EU. You have to send in a form with the receipt and the government of that country will send the refund in the post to your address IN THE US. They will not send it to anywhere in the EU. The Item is now tax free until it arrives in the US where you are supposed to declare it to customs and pay import duty. You can try to smuggle it in but you can get caught. So you pay the VAT and then claim it back. And there is a minimum amount they will send and I don`t think these kits will be enough to make it worthwhile.

There is no VAT in the US. Each state, county and city collects its own sale tax on items sold in its area. A lot of internet sales have no sales tax because the item is delivered to another state. So if I live in Nebraska and order from a shop in Colorado, there is no sales tax. If I live in Colorado and order from the same shop I will pay sales tax because it is all staying in the same state. If I live in Nebraska and I order from a shop in Colorado that also has a shop in Nebraska I will pay sales tax. So if you live in France and order from the US you normally don`t pay sales tax until you bring it into France where you declare it as an import and pay import duty and VAT.

Internet sales in the US are tricky. Above is the general rule but there are exceptions. Some states have different rules and the whole thing is going to change sometime because so much revenue is being lost to internet sales.

Sales tax and VAT are NOT the same and if you want to know why I`ll be happy to explain. I know in the UK prices include VAT unless it says otherwise. France is probably the same. In the US all prices exclude tax because each state and city have their own tax rate. It can be a nuisance but it can also be worthwhile going to a different city with a lower tax rate on bugger items.

I suppose 20 Euro to ship something to the US isn`t too bad really but when it is considered as a percentage of the kit price it gets a bit shocking.

We all know about the $15.00 kit on e bay that cost $20.00 to ship.......

rallymaster
02-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Sorry Rallymaster you are wrong here. VAT and Sales tax are not the same but can be considered the same by a consumer. For a business they are very different but for this discussion they are the same thing.

This is how it works. If you are from the US and buy something in THE EU you can reclaim the VAT from the government of the country you bought it in. This is done when it leaves the EU. You have to send in a form with the receipt and the government of that country will send the refund in the post to your address IN THE US. They will not send it to anywhere in the EU. The Item is now tax free until it arrives in the US where you are supposed to declare it to customs and pay import duty. You can try to smuggle it in but you can get caught. So you pay the VAT and then claim it back. And there is a minimum amount they will send and I don`t think these kits will be enough to make it worthwhile.

There is no VAT in the US. Each state, county and city collects its own sale tax on items sold in its area. A lot of internet sales have no sales tax because the item is delivered to another state. So if I live in Nebraska and order from a shop in Colorado, there is no sales tax. If I live in Colorado and order from the same shop I will pay sales tax because it is all staying in the same state. If I live in Nebraska and I order from a shop in Colorado that also has a shop in Nebraska I will pay sales tax. So if you live in France and order from the US you normally don`t pay sales tax until you bring it into France where you declare it as an import and pay import duty and VAT.

Internet sales in the US are tricky. Above is the general rule but there are exceptions. Some states have different rules and the whole thing is going to change sometime because so much revenue is being lost to internet sales.

Sales tax and VAT are NOT the same and if you want to know why I`ll be happy to explain. I know in the UK prices include VAT unless it says otherwise. France is probably the same. In the US all prices exclude tax because each state and city have their own tax rate. It can be a nuisance but it can also be worthwhile going to a different city with a lower tax rate on bugger items.

I suppose 20 Euro to ship something to the US isn`t too bad really but when it is considered as a percentage of the kit price it gets a bit shocking.

We all know about the $15.00 kit on e bay that cost $20.00 to ship.......

I'm sorry too but this probably is theory (I don't doubt of your arguments) because practice show me contrary because as I already said above I NEVER paid any VAT or customs fees when buying in the US... And anywhere else BTW except when my packages were big enough to get customs officers attentions...!!

And I would like to see someone asking french or belgian goverment (especially belgian one this time :sly: :biggrin:) the VAT of a purchase !! that may be funny...

Anyway, and that was the point of my posts, you can't reasonably ask a store in Belgium to sell lower price due to VAT issues...

I never saw any store giving information on how to ask VAT back to country where sales are done, and I never saw any buyer trying to ask it !!

Theory probably (or even surely) contradicts my point of view and shows Luc's one wasn't inevitably basis lacking but I experienced several times in pratice confirmation of it...
And go on thinking it's no sens pretending you can get lower price at stores instead of asking back VAT... or not...

But thank you for this input, I learnt that I can ask VAT back each time I buy outside the country :screwy: which may be funny especially if I don't have to pay to get the orders in hands !!! :banghead: :confused: :lol:

I think the discussion is now really completed, I take some pills and call my psy to learn how not to talk too fast about commercial rules... :tongue: :sarcasmsign: :sarcasmsign: :sarcasmsign:

Luis Pacheco
02-24-2011, 03:26 AM

I paid 14 euros to ship to Portugal. Is quite expensive. Some days ago I received an order (more than 1 Kg) from Argentina in registered mail and did cost 7 euros.

But for me the price of the ship is the least important thing right now.

Luc Janssens
02-24-2011, 03:35 AM
I think the discussion is now really completed, I take some pills and call my psy to learn how not to talk too fast about commercial rules... :tongue: :sarcasmsign: :sarcasmsign: :sarcasmsign:

I was in contact with a German mail-order company and this is what he (blue text) has to say on the matter (VAT)

Hi,

I'm wondering if a US citizen mail-orders goods from you, he too has to pay the 19% VAT, like we Europeans do, or if he's exempt from it.
In the United Kingdom he doesn't have to, but I don't know about Germany.
Thanks
Best Regards
Luc Janssens
Belgium

HI

European customers must pay the 19% tax, US, Canada, China, Japan not

Kind Regards
M.

I think your fiscal accountant should look into the matter, to see what EU and local laws say on the matter.
Maybe you're as a seller are exempt to collect VAT, ones you can prove that the goods went outside the EU, with bank-statements (CC or MO) and customers name, but try to get the info from an accountant.

Thanks
Best Regards

Luc Janssens.

racer93
02-24-2011, 07:16 AM
I know when I order from Hannants, they reduce the price by the VAT amount (we don't have VAT taxes here in the US) and that's it. No other taxes are applied. Done. Simple as that.

I can't speak for other countries but for the US--we don't have any taxes applied to incoming purchases from Europe. (Once the government learns they are missing out on this money, who knows what'll happen...)

And, yes, 20euros to ship a 30 euro kit is crazy. I'll wait until it gets to the UK or to the US where it is MUCH cheaper to ship. FWIW, I just paid $15 to ship a 1/12 Porsche 935 (massive box) across the US. Why should something 1/7th the size of that cost more than double that because it's international?

Pugnuts
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
I saw the sarcasm warning there Rallymaster. I have had the VAT refunded although most of the time it is not worth it.

As for the store, it doesn't make any difference to them. They don't keep the VAT, they pass it on to the government. You walk into a shop and buy something. The price includes the VAT. You pay 20 Euro, shop keeps 15 Euro for their product and sends 5Euro to the government. I walk into shop and do same and then apply for a refund when I leave the EU and the government refunds me the 5 Euro it got from the shop they collected. Shop still gets 15Eur. Internet sales they don't collect the VAT IF they send it outside EU. They just charge me 15 EU for same product. Nobody is asking for the shop to lower their price.

racer93 ....... You don't pay VAT to Hannants because they are sending it outside the UK. But legally you aren't done beause you are supposed to declare it when it comes into this country. If you don't you are smuggling!! Remember "it is legal to avoid paying tax but is illegal to evade paying tax."

racer93
02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
It's a declared value when it comes in. Where is the gubment going to get me to pay that? On my returns? I'm not going to keep that close of a count of what I buy. No way. As well, you're also supposed to pay sales tax (on your returns) for anything you buy on Ebay. Are you (and everyone else here) "evading taxes"? I think so...;)

Happy Martian
02-24-2011, 01:30 PM
I know when I order from Hannants, they reduce the price by the VAT amount (we don't have VAT taxes here in the US) and that's it. No other taxes are applied. Done. Simple as that.

I can't speak for other countries but for the US--we don't have any taxes applied to incoming purchases from Europe. (Once the government learns they are missing out on this money, who knows what'll happen...)

I'll admit surprise at these comments as I thought all states in the US had a salex tax of about 6%. This would be equivalent to the European VAT of 16%.

racer93
02-24-2011, 01:49 PM
I'll admit surprise at these comments as I thought all states in the US had a salex tax of about 6%. This would be equivalent to the European VAT of 16%.

We do have a sales tax (it varies by state). However, when you buy something online, you do not pay tax, except when the online seller is in your state. (Odd, I know.) I was told recently that Ebay purchases are subject to taxing. This I thought was odd and also, how are they going to track it? More scare tactics than anything, I imagine.

rallymaster
02-24-2011, 04:01 PM
I saw the sarcasm warning there Rallymaster. I have had the VAT refunded although most of the time it is not worth it.

As for the store, it doesn't make any difference to them. They don't keep the VAT, they pass it on to the government. You walk into a shop and buy something. The price includes the VAT. You pay 20 Euro, shop keeps 15 Euro for their product and sends 5Euro to the government. I walk into shop and do same and then apply for a refund when I leave the EU and the government refunds me the 5 Euro it got from the shop they collected. Shop still gets 15Eur. Internet sales they don't collect the VAT IF they send it outside EU. They just charge me 15 EU for same product. Nobody is asking for the shop to lower their price.

racer93 ....... You don't pay VAT to Hannants because they are sending it outside the UK. But legally you aren't done beause you are supposed to declare it when it comes into this country. If you don't you are smuggling!! Remember "it is legal to avoid paying tax but is illegal to evade paying tax."

I'm sorry again and knows how work VAT (even if I didn't know all aspects of international rules because they are ignored by most of the stores) but if a store sells 15 euros instead of 20 you won't tell me they don't sell cheaper !!! :eek7: :runaround: :lol:
the VAT is paid all 3 months generaly, so you get money during 3 months, if you sells 15 euros, you don't get the 5 euros difference in your pocket !!
The VAT is a ghost money except as long as you don't have paid it !!
that's why I said asking a store to sell 15 instead of 20 (on which they will refund 5) really is selling cheaper !!
You can explain me what you want about VAT process 15 euros will always be cheaper than 20, and having the 5 euros difference in your pocket even for only 3 months can change your business !!!
I'm trying to launch my own business (I'll kill the first who laughs or think "badly engaged":loser: :lol: :lol:) and those VAT stories etc etc are just the matter of my business plans and these last weeks works...
It's economicaly speaking better to sell 20 and paid back 5 three months later than selling 15 euros...
(what can be discussed according to logic more than money I agree).
Once again I'm really surprised with the theorical rules and their application in reality...
In fact, most of the customers aren't informed of their rights, sometimes they can get spoiled (paying all included prices and still having to pay in customs...?! :confused:).
that's really not simple thinking to it... And I didn't really think to it before purchasing here and there, US or Asia or even Belgium...

thanks for the headache :banghead: :runaround:

Luis Pacheco
02-25-2011, 04:39 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180587_170742212973445_161068673940799_373750_3068 44_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=170742212973445&set=a.161070247273975.29581.161068673940799&theater

racer93
02-25-2011, 07:49 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180587_170742212973445_161068673940799_373750_3068 44_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=170742212973445&set=a.161070247273975.29581.161068673940799&theater (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/photo.php?fbid=170742212973445&set=a.161070247273975.29581.161068673940799&theater)
Looks like someone is on a roll! Go Belkits! (Especially if you get a US distributor...)

Happy Martian
02-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Don't know if I'm first but I had a delivery today from Domino :) :) :) I'll only upload photos if people want them as the sprue layouts have been known for a while.

Luis Pacheco
02-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Lucky guy!!! :naughty:

Show the sprues please!!! :runaround:

Happy Martian
02-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Lucky guy!!! :naughty:

Show the sprues please!!! :runaround:

OOO, you forced me :)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0060.jpg

Main sprues

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0064.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0063.jpg

Now a surprise

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0062.jpg

Unlike Hasegawa and Tamiya, Belkits have gone with a separate chassis and interior tub.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0066.jpg

Nice detail on the brake discs

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0067.jpg

Next up, the extras.....

Happy Martian
02-25-2011, 02:59 PM
The price of this kit has obviously raised a few eyebrows. Hopefully, this shows why.

The photo etch

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0069.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0070.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0071.jpg

I didn't know what this was at first. It's seatbelt material. Nice touch.

The decals

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0072.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0074.jpg

Note, very little carrier at the edges of the decals.

But what surprised me was the body

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0077.jpg

Attached to the outside of the bag is a piece of decal paper. Attached with sellotape

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0078.jpg

But I can't make out the decals. These are with macro

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0080.jpg

The body is well formed

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0082.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0081.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0083.jpg

And the final piece de resistance are the instructions. No poorly defined drawings here, these are proper CAD representations.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0076.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/HappyMartian/SP_A0075.jpg

From my initial inspection, the kit looked well laid out. And the extras arewell presented. All in all, I can't wait for Belkits second and third kits.

Luis Pacheco
02-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Looks great!

The plastic shines a lot.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

PatR
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Just e-mailed Domino..... Solberg 2011 Monte Carlo decal DEC006 to arrive in Belgium this coming Friday the 4th of March.

:grinyes::grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

thenotoriousLUD
03-02-2011, 01:50 PM
i will personaly be your us distributor if thats what it takes to get these two kits without paying an aram and a leg on shipping

Luis Pacheco
03-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Knock, knock!

Who is it?

Is your Belkits 207 S2000!!! :runaround::runaround::runaround:

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/pacheco1976/p4.jpg?t=1299270750

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/pacheco1976/p5.jpg?t=1299272040

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/pacheco1976/p3-1.jpg?t=1299272040
:lol2:

thenotoriousLUD
03-04-2011, 04:43 PM
just placed an order through domino
coming to the us
i am running out of kits to do so i just said fuck it

racer93
03-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Running out of kits? Man, you're a noobie! :)

thenotoriousLUD
03-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Running out of kits? Man, you're a noobie! :)
im a noob cause i dont build any model i can find? and realy like building rally cars? then i guess so
i think im going to cancle the order $110 usd for one kit is a little over the top but idk yet, depends on if they will ever have a different distributor or if it will just say soon forever

racer93
03-05-2011, 01:36 PM
im a noob cause i dont build any model i can find? and realy like building rally cars? then i guess so
i think im going to cancle the order $110 usd for one kit is a little over the top but idk yet, depends on if they will ever have a different distributor or if it will just say soon forever

It was a joke because you "ran out of kits" to build. Most of us have stacks and stacks and...(I don't have that many, but I don't buy a whole lot, either.)

Not intending to be nasty or anything. Sorry if it came across that way.

thenotoriousLUD
03-05-2011, 01:45 PM
It was a joke because you "ran out of kits" to build. Most of us have stacks and stacks and...(I don't have that many, but I don't buy a whole lot, either.)

Not intending to be nasty or anything. Sorry if it came across that way.
oooohhh i get it. sorry i am new to modeling after 6yrs of zero building.
i do have 3 kits to do( porsche gt2, morris mini cooper, monza rally focus)
but they will be done soon enough and its impossable to find anything but hotrods or f1 cars in the model shops here.
i have a few kits comig from hlj as well.

on a side note, i realized its euros not gbp so its about $70 to $95 usd to have the kit shipped from domino, is that over the top for a kit with all the pe parts and factoring in that its shipped from belgium?

yelo
03-05-2011, 03:01 PM
snip...

on a side note, i realized its euros not gbp so its about $70 to $95 usd to have the kit shipped from domino, is that over the top for a kit with all the pe parts and factoring in that its shipped from belgium?

To me it's fare, kits seem to be good quality and if you compare the price with say, one of the latest Tamiya Rally offering, witch you have to buy PE separated , it's about the same...

The peugeot 307, for example, as a MSRP of US 58$, add some detail parts to it to at least replace those ridiculous seat belts decals and your not far from 70$...

That's how I see it....

thenotoriousLUD
03-05-2011, 03:46 PM
To me it's fare, kits seem to be good quality and if you compare the price with say, one of the latest Tamiya Rally offering, witch you have to buy PE separated , it's about the same...

The peugeot 307, for example, as a MSRP of US 58$, add some detail parts to it to at least replace those ridiculous seat belts decals and your not far from 70$...

That's how I see it....
yeah thats how i was figuring it, i mean the xanavi r35 i bought was almost 60 usd and the pe parts would be another 15-20. also i figured since its 35 euros it would be about 50 - 60 here when/if it came to the us after taxes and everything so its about the same.

Add your comment to this topic!